• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tahboy

I watched the Randwick v Easts game and was a hard fought game of finals rugby. Uni would be favorites to win over randwick but shouldn't be too confident like Easts were. Randwick have the size and mobility in the forwards and with Tom Connor at 7 are competitive at the breakdown to make it difficult for Uni to get on top in the forwards and randwicks set pieces are good. Randwick just lack some pace in the backs except for Wakim and also there 10 is slow with his passing game so Uni should get them in the backs but will be tough

B

bdp

Jesus Phil Moore from the woodies needs a masssive wrap with how he has transformed the eastwood foward pack into what they are today.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Have just witnessed one of the best games of rugby ever. Uni beat Randwick in extra time after the Wicks were in front on the bell.
Uni very lucky.

T

Tahboy

What a great match the Uni v Randwick 1st colts. Randwick up 27 to 24 at full-time but Uni had a penalty from 40 out and hodge nailed it. 1st half extra time was all Uni, Randwick were shattered and Uni on a high with momentum and put on 3 converted tries then in the 2nd half extra time Randwick put on 2 tries and Uni won 46 to 39. Great game great spirit by both clubs and both clubs supporters clapped both teams off. Watch out for Randwicks LH prop Zeb Holmes he will be a wallaby and change the way LH props play.today's game was a great showcase of colts rugby BUT how much has the game and extra time effected Uni for next week?

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
What a great match the Uni v Randwick 1st colts. Randwick up 27 to 24 at full-time but Uni had a penalty from 40 out and hodge nailed it. 1st half extra time was all Uni, Randwick were shattered and Uni on a high with momentum and put on 3 converted tries then in the 2nd half extra time Randwick put on 2 tries and Uni won 46 to 39. Great game great spirit by both clubs and both clubs supporters clapped both teams off. Watch out for Randwicks LH prop Zeb Holmes he will be a wallaby and change the way LH props play.today's game was a great showcase of colts rugby BUT how much has the game and extra time effected Uni for next week?

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
I dont think Uni can get up after that. Randwick were great - a no name team of tacklers and workers, The forwards, Conner, Munro, McGougan, Selby all lionharts all the backs going hard, Charlie Wakim a freak - Uni were classy, Hodge unflappable however reputations don't win games - a very tough week ahead for Uni getting over this and trying to get up for the GF

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
1st Manly 27 v Eastwood 36 Forshaw Rugby Park SUNDAY 18th SEPT 3:00pm
2nds Easts 17 v Eastwood 21 Forshaw Rugby Park SUNDAY 18th SEPT 1:25pm
3rds Wicks 5 v Manly 22 Forshaw Rugby Park SUNDAY 18th SEPT 12:00pm

W

Wrinkled Rat

As the name would suggest the heart would never tip anyone south of Narrabeen bridge but even the head tells me that Uni & Woods are a step and half above. Manly have talent and are rightly in the top 4 but lack some discipline at times that will be exposed imo as the season goes forward where I see Uni & Woods as a more complete unit with coaching and support staff plus handy benches leading into September

I should have called Munsie back on August 1st. Cannot split the two other than the Woods are finishing strongly and Uni may have plateaued. Good luck to both

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Manly vs woods was a pretty good game. All woods in first half apart from one good backline move try to Manly - 24-7 at half time. Eastwood ran with the big wind in the 2nd half and just like all teams on the day struggled to take advantange of it. Manly lifted their game and dominated the breakdown in first 20mins of second half and scored some good tries. Also bombed a couple of tries where they lost control of the ball over the try line (twice from memory). Woods finally reefed the ball deep into manly territory and gained 2 quick tries in last 10-15 mins or so. Many threw everything at them in the last 20 mins and scored a try on the bell. Impressed with manly back 3 - both wingers (one came on as a fresh reserve I think) had heaps of gas and Brisby was a hanfull at fullback. Woods were solid across the park - well balanced team and play a very good running style. Havent seen uni play this year so will be interested to see the matchup next weekend.

U

Upright

I should have called Munsie back on August 1st. Cannot split the two other than the Woods are finishing strongly and Uni may have plateaued. Good luck to both
Well done WR (World Rugby) ! Good game yesterday with Woods being better organised in the forwards -as the Rat suggested 2 months ago!!!! Congratulatins to both Woods and Uni on making the GF. Woods finishing strongly but Uni to win in a thriller.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I'd be thinking Eastwood are the second best team. Randwick were lucky to beat Easts and Eastwood thrashed Easts. I can't believe Eastwood have lost so many. Have there been injuries, narrow losses or what?

And this is what I said in the first round. Having said that earlier, I nonetheless thought Manly would beat Eastwood. Uni to win just.

Uni to win in colts 2s. Easts were second best team all year and were well behind Uni. Eastwood very lucky to win on the weekend, but good effort hanging in there until the death.

Uni to win in the 3s. Too much depth. Boring!

J

jism

this will be a cracking game. Some great match ups and both teams pretty even, woods by 5

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Manly beat Uni about 3 weeks ago so might be closer than expected. Depends which islanders can play as it is being played on Sunday when church is on.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Manly beat Uni about 3 weeks ago so might be closer than expected. Depends which islanders can play as it is being played on Sunday when church is on.

I thought Manly beat Uni in June and then Uni beat them in a close one in the 2nd Round ("3 weeks ago").

K

Keithy

I know the Uni Colts 3 side has changed dramatically since round 22. They have added 7 plus Colts 1 and 2 players to the team over the finals. I think Uni Colts 3 will win along with the Uni Colts 2 team who will be undefeated. As for the Colts 1 GF Eastwood could surprise and win. Uni were very, very lucky to beat Randwick. If Stirzaker plays Uni to win if not Eastwood.
Still can't believe the Colts Grand finals are at Forshaw.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Surely Stirzaker cant play in a losing 2nds team and then when they lose go back to colts for the GF. If so the competition rules need to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.