• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Curtis BROWNING BrisbaneState - High still at school
Tom CONNOR The Kings School
Lindsay CROOK The Southport School - Gungalin eagles ACT
Steve CUMMINS The Hills Sports High School - West Harbour grade
Tom CUSACK MaristCollege Canberra
Tim DONLAN St Ignatius' College - Warringah Colts
Tim DUCHESNE Knox Grammar -still at school Norths
Chris FEAUAI-SAUTIA BrisbaneState High School- still at school
Jed GILLESPIE The Kings School -Eastwood
Malietoa HINGANO St Augustine's College- Manly
Lewis HOLLAND St Edmund’s College- Queanbeyan Whites
Jed HOLLOWAY WaverleyCollege
Chris INGATE The Kings School Syd Uni
Boyd KILLINGWORTH The Kings School- Warringah
Philip KITE St Josephs College Nudgee
Apolosi LATUNIPULU NewingtonCollege- souths grade
Sioeli-Pulu LUANI NewingtonCollege - Tigers Toyota Cup
Guy MILLAR The Kings School- Syd Uni colts
Gary NEUGEBAUER HaleSchool
Maile NGAUAMO IpswichGrammar School - still at school
Walter PETAIA BrisbaneState High School
Sam REISER St Joseph’s Gregory Terrace
Hugh ROACH NewingtonCollege - Vikings ACT
Dion TAUMATA KeebraPark High School- Easts Grade
Michael WELLS St Ignatius College
Ed WYLIE The Kings School - Syd Uni Colts

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Tom Connor - Randwick Colts
Michael Wells - Had a photo somewhere the other day with him in the background of Gordon training although still at school.

T

T.Rugby

Question, why would you bother commenting if you have nothing to add to a discussion on sydney colts?

Was it something i said?

replying to 'AussieDominance's' comment with a cold "big deal." was a provocative statement, alluding to his/her contribution as being worthless. So to answer you're sarcastic question, yes it was something you said.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Thanks very much for sorting that out for me.

Let me just clarify things. As to Tom Connor being at Randwick, that's interesting to know. As to Michael Wells being seen in the background of a Gordon photo or something, big deal.

S

Shoreman

Just got back from watching Norths v Easts colts game at Nth Sydney #2.

Easts won approx. 28-18.

Easts backline looked very good, big and fast - scored some good long-range tries with slick handling and footwork. On the other hand, Norths had a dominant scrum and seemed to gain the ascendency up-front, particularly as the game went on. Nevertheless, Easts were deserved winners and always looked in control.

Certainly the low note was what appeared to be a serious knee injury to the hooker from Norths, did not look (or sound) good from the sideline..

R

rugbyfan

1st Colts Results - Round 1

West Harbour bt Penrith 106-10
Eastwood bt Souths 30-17
Manly bt Gordon 29-8
Easts bt Norths 28-18
Randwick bt Warringah 46-11

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Just got back from watching Norths v Easts colts game at Nth Sydney #2.

Easts won approx. 28-18.

Easts backline looked very good, big and fast - scored some good long-range tries with slick handling and footwork. On the other hand, Norths had a dominant scrum and seemed to gain the ascendency up-front, particularly as the game went on. Nevertheless, Easts were deserved winners and always looked in control.

Certainly the low note was what appeared to be a serious knee injury to the hooker from Norths, did not look (or sound) good from the sideline..

Shoreman,

Do you happen to know who the Easts backs were?

B

Bradley

Shoreman,

Do you happen to know who the Easts backs were?

9.Ruka Hanlon
Will Fay (C)
Charlie Clifton
Joshua Mc Cormack
Justin O'Brien
Stephen Mayman
15.Ben Porter

http://rugbynews.org/sport/rugbynews.nsf/RugbyAdminNews/5091E8F54274E894CA25786700663F64/$FILE/RN11%20Issue%201%20_final%20for%20web%20LR.pdf

B

baldingwingforward

9.Ruka Hanlon
Will Fay (C)
Charlie Clifton
Joshua Mc Cormack
Justin O'Brien
Stephen Mayman
15.Ben Porter

Will Fay didn't play he was out injured. 5/8th was some big bloke from ACT - played pretty well, but tbh Norths could have easily won the game.
Their fullback absolutely butchered a certain try in the first 5 minutes of the game and also bombed another chance. The Easts backline was way better than Norths with McCormack and O'Brien running some great lines, but the Norths forwards got better and better as the game went on. The Norths 5, 7 and 8 all had strong games.

Once the 9 and 14 for Norths got hooked by the coach the team played much better, and a change in the front row (Curtis?) made a huge difference.

Not a bad game overall.

S

Shoreman

Will Fay didn't play he was out injured. 5/8th was some big bloke from ACT - played pretty well, but tbh Norths could have easily won the game.
Their fullback absolutely butchered a certain try in the first 5 minutes of the game and also bombed another chance. The Easts backline was way better than Norths with McCormack and O'Brien running some great lines, but the Norths forwards got better and better as the game went on. The Norths 5, 7 and 8 all had strong games.

Once the 9 and 14 for Norths got hooked by the coach the team played much better, and a change in the front row (Curtis?) made a huge difference.

Not a bad game overall.
Agree with all of that - the Easts centre pairing and wingers were clearly superior. The Norths fullback seemed to be the only back with any penetration for the red and black, however I believe it is his first game out of school, so he should improve with the experience. The replacement winger for Norths was more impressive when he came on.

Norths #9 took some terrible options (e.g. quick tap 5m out from East's line with no support, turned the ball over and Easts fly half kicks 40m out of trouble) - reminded me just how immature some of these players are, although I would expect this to improve as the season goes on.

B

Bradley

Doesn't look like Gordon will get a game in 1st or 2nd grade colts vs Penrith this week. I believe Penrith have withdrawn from the two top grades but will field a 3rd grade team. All teams will receive a 28-0 scoreline including Wests who smashed them on the weekend 106-10. Wests have dropped from 1st to third on the ladder.

Sad to see Penrith not competitive again in colts but I think the right decision has been made because it didn't look like a positive year for the Emus given their round 1 results.

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby/TooheysNewShuteShield/DrawsResults/1stGradeColtsLadder.aspx

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
totally agree Bradley, 100+ games every week is good for no one.
The score indicates a physical mis match which can only result in needless injuries throughout the season.

J

jayson

I managed to watch easts v norths.. both teams were very poor quality. GPS and CAS centres who cannot tackle at all. I was just wondering how uni get to qualify so many players. They started the game with 40 points (max for 1st colts) and from what i can gather bring on reserves (NSWschools) does the point sys go out the window if they play in 2s? I hear Manly are looking like a top 4 side this yr.

S

Shoreman

Watched Norths v Gordon today at Primrose park. Norths the eventual winners 12-10 in a tightly fought but scrappy affair..
Gordon had a chance to score at the end but could not get over the line. Again the Norths forwards looked good but there are some defensive frailties in the centres.
Gordon dropped too much ball in the backline and struggled in the scrums, however they did manage to score a spectacular length-of-the-field try after a good break from outside centre and perfectly weighted grubber for the flying left winger.
Impressed by Norths tight 5, no 8 and left winger.

First win for Norths this season, I think they need to spend some time in training this week learning the victory song.. Lots of humming..

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I managed to watch easts v norths.. both teams were very poor quality. GPS and CAS centres who cannot tackle at all. I was just wondering how uni get to qualify so many players. They started the game with 40 points (max for 1st colts) and from what i can gather bring on reserves (NSWschools) does the point sys go out the window if they play in 2s? I hear Manly are looking like a top 4 side this yr.

If you play in 2nd grade, your points only count in 2nd grade.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Randwick seem to be the front runners early in the season - can anyone provide some insight into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.