• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
Forget about the judiciary, it needs to be sorted from within.
Four or five yellows in 2's,and at least 2 yellows & a red in 1's is a disgrace,that reflects poorly on everyone associated with it.
If you can't field 2 teams with guys who will play in the correct spirit.
Then don't field two teams!
Having only one colts team that doesn't bring shame on you,is better than the rest of the comp lobbying to have your entire club removed from the competition.

The reason I mention the judiciary is that they deal in facts not bullshit. I would have thought that someone who's had over 2000 likes on GAGR would not be so naive to jump on a blog bandwagon without checking his facts. However, I've never been one to let a little thing like "reality" get in the way of a good internet rant.

So let's check those pesky little online team sheets to ascertain whether this "anger fueled rugby blood fest" actually occurred?

COLTS II - According to the team sheets there were only 2 yellow cards for Penrith & 2 yellow cards for Eastwood. There was one straight red for punching as a result of the melee in which the majority of players from both teams were involved!

COLTS I - There was only one yellow at the 67 minute mark to a reserve and one yellow at the 74 min mark to a starting player. Both yellows for no arms in the tackle. No reds in Colts 1 for either team.

OK how about we dig a little deeper. According to the data. The player who was red carded in colts 2 was also sent off in round 1 vs SUFC. However, he went to the judiciary and (surprisingly to us) was found "charge not proven". OK (we thought) he's a new player and we'll give him the benefit of the doubt. However, given he's now been sent off twice in three weeks he's now been told thanks but no thanks. Also I can't see the judiciary giving him another chance.

Also you will note that vs Eastwood the same player who was yellowed in COLTS 2 was also yellowed in COLTS 1 for no arms in the tackle. So that means the actual number of Penrith players yellow carded is 3 not 4. Clearly this player also needs a week off from the SRU for multiple yellow cards on the same day and also lesson on tackling technique.

Also (despite what some would have you believe) the matches did not end with a mixed martial arts tournament behind the grandstand! At the end of COLTS 2 the players shook hands, gave three cheers, and clapped each other from the field. They then formed a tunnel for both first grade colts teams. At the end of COLTS 1 the players shook hands, gave three cheers, and clapped each other from the field.

So before we organize a firing squad for the whole of western Sydney, slander the district, or define the character of 2.3 million people based upon the actions of 4 players....let's recap on 2014.

The same player (who's also new in 2014 I might add) has been red carded twice and has now been told he's not welcome. Apart from this one player - Penrith Colts have had 5 yellow cards in 6 games. FYI Our opposition have had 4 yellow cards in 6 games. Doesn't seem that extreme to me.

However, please feel free to ignore all the above - as we wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a good blog.

Bring on Randwick!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Maybe I shouldn't have commented on what I didn't personally witness,but what was reported is consistent with what I have seen in the past 3 years.

If there is a new regime out there with new standards,then that's great for the club and the comp.

It is a welcome and long overdue change,long may it continue.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
The more things change,the more they stay the same..

We will see.

I hope the sceptics among us (including me) are proved to be wrong.
My personal interest is in seeing Rugby prosper. We must have the west with all its talent and capacity for that to happen IMHO.
I have seen the volunteers at Penrith working really hard to get that to happen.
Here is my confession.
I am a Uni supporter from long ago. My son plays for Uni. I am an ex Shore Parent.I know:( (Oh, and I played for Hornsby 1980-82, Old timers will understand.)
So I really want to see Penrith succeed.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Me too!
I just recognise hard hard it is to change the culture so dramatically.
It would be astounding if it could be done in one off season.
Despite how keen we all are,for them to survive and thrive,minimum standards have to be enforced,which hasn't been the case in recent seasons.
That's all.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Overall Discipline Record So Far.

Sin Bins (Yellow Cards)
Easts - 7 (4 Colts1, 2 Colts2, 1 Colts3)
Eastwood - 5 (2 Colts1, 2 Colts2, 1 Colts3)
Gordon - 2 (2 Colts1, 0 Colts2)
Manly - 4 (3 Colts1, 1 Colts2, 0 Colts3)
Norths - 3 (2 Colts1, 0 Colts2, 1 Colts3)
Parramatta - 3 (2 Colts1, 1 Colts2, 0 Colts3)
Penrith - 5 (3 Colts1, 2 Colts2) [Same player YC in Colts 1 and Colts 2 in Rd 3]
Randwick - 2 (0 Colts1, 2 Colts2, 0 Colts3)
Souths - 6 (4 Colts1, 1 Colts2, 1 Colts3)
University - 2 (0 Colts1, 2 Colts2, 0 Colts3)
Warringah - 1 (1 Colts1, 0 Colts2, 0 Colts3)
Wests - 6 (2 Colts1, 3 Colts2, 1 Colts3) [1 player in Colts 2 had YC in Rd 2 and Rd 3]

Send Off (Red Card)
Gordon - 1 (1 Colts1, 0 Colts2) [Second YC offence in 1 game]
Penrith - 2 (1 Colts 1, 1 Colts 2) [Same player - looks like he has been cut loose by the Club]

Only Round 3 - Early days yet. Any Glasshouses?

Note: Not all team reports are in from Round 3 but the final figures are not likely to substantially change.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
The Overall Discipline Record So Far.

Sin Bins (Yellow Cards)
Easts - 7 (4 Colts1, 2 Colts2, 1 Colts3)
Eastwood - 5 (2 Colts1, 2 Colts2, 1 Colts3)
Gordon - 2 (2 Colts1, 0 Colts2)
Manly - 4 (3 Colts1, 1 Colts2, 0 Colts3)
Norths - 3 (2 Colts1, 0 Colts2, 1 Colts3)
Parramatta - 3 (2 Colts1, 1 Colts2, 0 Colts3)
Penrith - 5 (3 Colts1, 2 Colts2) [Same player YC in Colts 1 and Colts 2 in Rd 3]
Randwick - 2 (0 Colts1, 2 Colts2, 0 Colts3)
Souths - 6 (4 Colts1, 1 Colts2, 1 Colts3)
University - 2 (0 Colts1, 2 Colts2, 0 Colts3)
Wests - 6 (2 Colts1, 3 Colts2, 1 Colts3) [1 player in Colts 2 had YC in Rd 2 and Rd 3]

Send Off (Red Card)
Gordon - 1 (1 Colts1, 0 Colts2) [Second YC offence in 1 game]
Penrith - 2 (1 Colts 1, 1 Colts 2) [Same player - looks like he has been cut loose by the Club]

Only Round 3 - Early days yet. Any Glasshouses?

Note: Not all team reports are in from Round 3 but the final figures are not likely to substantially change.
thanks for the good work

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
All publicly available information on the NSW Rugby website.

No secrets.

MH370. There was a bloke on a grassy knoll outside KL airport .... ....

Unknown soldier: DNA profiling will remove the mystery. But while we can do it, should we actually do it? Better to have faith like Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Ex Wives: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. No way am I going to take on the fury of a 1000 Hells. It has gone. Never going to come back. Move on.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
All publicly available information on the NSW Rugby website.

No secrets.

MH370. There was a bloke on a grassy knoll outside KL airport .. ..

Unknown soldier: DNA profiling will remove the mystery. But while we can do it, should we actually do it? Better to have faith like Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Ex Wives: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. No way am I going to take on the fury of a 1000 Hells. It has gone. Never going to come back. Move on.

Keep up the good work HJ! Not only informative but also - entertaining!

Some journalists could take a leaf out of your book!

Cheers, Wreckless:)

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Round 4 coming up and what has happened to teams playing over the points or showing incorrect player points? Nothing and I don't think there will be

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Depending on time today, I may do a full wrap of the Round 3 player points situation.

Observations so far are that the same old teams/clubs are still reporting 0 point and "-" players, some players are still be inaccurately assessed, both over reported and under reported, and the Wicks Colts 1 Round 2 declared 41 point team has been recalculated to hit the magical 40 points. Some clubs/teams have improved their accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.