• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
I think most Clubs would prefer to have a couple of extra byes in Colts 3's and keep them all together,rather than the 3's having a totally different draw to the other 2 Colts grades all year.

If evenly spaced then I might agree but as it stands Parramatta 3rd colts will have byes in rounds 1,5 and 6. That's 3 byes in six rounds. Under anyone's watch that is pathetic administration. Kids want to play, not many care where.

The only change needed to the draw would necessitate the two teams who drew Gordon and Penrith in that round playing each other, otherwise most weekends would be 3 against 3. Too late now for another year.

Learned One

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think most Clubs would prefer to have a couple of extra byes in Colts 3's and keep them all together,rather than the 3's having a totally different draw to the other 2 Colts grades all year.

If evenly spaced then I might agree but as it stands Parramatta 3rd colts will have byes in rounds 1,5 and 6. That's 3 byes in six rounds. Under anyone's watch that is pathetic administration. Kids want to play, not many care where.

The only change needed to the draw would necessitate the two teams who drew Gordon and Penrith in that round playing each other, otherwise most weekends would be 3 against 3. Too late now for another year.
three byes in the first six weeks is unacceptable. How does a team develop any cohesion and maintain player interest. It's difficult enough in thirds as you are always losing players to the upper grades to cover injuries and illness. While it's too late for tomorrow, can't the clubs organise a game between themselves, if admin aren't interested.
Parramatta Colts coach rings Uni coach - lets play thirds- Where? Gordon or Penrith?. With a bit of cooperation from Gordon and Penrith to make a field available, the lads could play each week.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)

If Penrith and Gordon are the only clubs with no 3rd colts how do you have 3 byes in the first round?

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Shit planning by SRU that's why. We have around 70 Colts to get a run but with Gordon and Penrith both only fielding two teams it means we have 3 games in the first 3 rounds. A disgrace.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Play a 3rds Possibles vs 3rds Probables game on the weeks that the enemy don't front up?

Survivors to bench for the Colts 2's.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Shit planning by SRU that's why. We have around 70 Colts to get a run but with Gordon and Penrith both only fielding two teams it means we have 3 games in the first 3 rounds. A disgrace.
It was only 2 seasons ago that Parramatta were causing these issues and Gordon had 3 teams.
Clubs are aware when the byes are on and can plan accordingly
It's worse when you arrive at the ground and you find out a team doesn't have a 3rds side.

Rocco

Stan Wickham (3)
Looking through the team sheets today doesn't seem to be many if any of the NSW 20's playing Colts. Can anyone answer as to why?

Rocco

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks Hugh Jarse. Kellaway and Horwitz played well, I noticed Johnson - (open side) playing 1st Grade for Randwick also. Do you know the scores from the Colts matches today?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Only Colts results I know are that Penrith and Gordon did not win Colts 3's.

As Gaggerlanders straggle home after games, scores will be updated.

Rocco

Stan Wickham (3)
Randwick 14 v Eastern Suburbs 28
Northern Suburbs 29 v Eastwood 32
Gordon 22 v Parramatta 51
Sydney University 71 v Penrith
Manly 21 v Southern Districts 24
West Harbour 24 v Warringah 10

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And One came off the bench for the Rats in 1st Grade.

Penrith holding Uni to less than 80 must be almost like a victory to the Emus given their recent record against the Students.

Did the Wicks Colts have all their roster available? Great result for the Beasties if wicks were full strength.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Parra 51, Gordon 22 Parra nodded off for 15 minutes in the second half and let Gordon in for 3 tries. Other than that they dominated every facet. #2 Blacklock and #4 Solese were standouts along with strong efforts from #9 Whicker, #7 Tuckwell and #15 Meehan.
To Gordon's credit they didn't stop trying and when given opportunity their backs showed some class but today Parra showed enough to give confidence moving forward.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Good wins in all 3 colts games for Souths over Manly
Tough tough game in 1st colts and a deserved victory for Souths 24 to 21
Both clubs will be there at the pointy end of the season.
Keep Damon Brown in your black book as a player to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.