• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
So tim rapp invites a quality group.of boys to trial foe the nsw gen blue. Interesting that he has not identified anyone from norths. Must have been another lucky season for them.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
All of them?
I don't think I've ever seen a colts team that only used top age kids all year.
Let's remember they picked 45, not 15!
I'd assume that 60% of players in colts 1's are top age, 40% would equal 4.8 team or 70 ish players.
So 45 selected from a pool of 70 odd, and not one from a grand finalist.
Surprising!

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Check with the North's coach, it is highly likely the selectors gave him a call and asked something like "is there anyone we should be looking at for inclusion in this up coming trial?"
Or just throw a name or two out there for us
Or maybe they're that good they don't need to trial and will be squadded anyway. Thank God we can butcher the language on sports chats

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Tim rapp watches enough games to.surely have an idea. I went to the trials last year, watched a pretty ordinary game in ordinary conditions, some players playing for 10.minutes, and thats what they were judged on. C'mon. This is supposed to be an "elite" program. Surely nswru is better than that. Not wonder people with aspirations tonprogress dont stick at it. Rapp was at the gf. Surely he got some names of.players from there.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Clubs are asked to nominate players who they believe are worth a shot. Its up to the clubs to push there players names

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Clubs are asked to nominate players who they believe are worth a shot. Its up to the clubs to push there players names
So can a club nominate all their players? And from all the games nswru staff watch they cant identify any themselves until they attend a mickey mouse trial. No wonder the game is going backwards.

Wat a cop

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
1996 born northern playing cohort were quite strong if I remember correctly. A group of Mosman lads for northern and a group of chatswood lads for Gordon were the strongest teams and well represented at higher levels. Not so much the case for -1997 born northern teams. 1997 will be next year's u20s
I guess around 16 from last year are already in the squad so only 24 new faces needed. The positions to be filled may also be known.
With all those filters run through you may get the result you don't like.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
You have watched northern all year and can't name someone, if they are that obscure to Simone familiar with the team, how would you expect casual observers, no matter how knowledgeable to see them

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
is your understanding of Rugby that shallow, that you can't comprehend that no norths players being included in a 45 man trial is a huge anomaly?

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Clearly there is a huge gap in Australian rugby when r
The leap in conversation from club rugby is world championships. A huge shame there is no NRC development squad comp that could involve the norths current u20 team. Or even a discussion on the Aus <20 2017 comp between the stAtes that probably would not include Any players from the current norths team

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Because of the chronological nature of each years u20s, the World Championships thread covers the pre season, state team selections, the Curtain Raiser Cup, the Oceania Tournament, 6N U20 championships and the U20 World championships.

Would be nice to have a U19 NRC as well but where is the money coming from?

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
You have watched northern all year and can't name someone, if they are that obscure to Simone familiar with the team, how would you expect casual observers, no matter how knowledgeable to see them
Winchester, psaltis, cudmore, cooper, hedge, stump, to name some... there u go, give those to rapp.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Have you asked the club/club coaches if they nominated those players for consideration?
I called him jarse and he gave me those as a start. Had not heard from nswru, so me, a nobody can get them, surely a call from nswru could get them

Status
Not open for further replies.