• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
I take my hat off to blokes that can watch matches from six divisions every Saturday. I can only ever manage to get to one game.
To be honest, I just looked at the tables and picked players from the top teams. I don't even watch subbies anymore. I only ever came on here to read Rumour Ron and Birchgrove Bes.... but all we get these days is fencedaddy and poodidgy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
See
To be honest, I just looked at the tables and picked players from the top teams. I don't even watch subbies anymore. I only ever came on here to read Rumour Ron and Birchgrove Bes.. but all we get these days is fencedaddy and poodidgy

See ya Skinny Minny back to the Club rugby forum. Thanks for dropping by to hear about grassroots rugby.

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
:)

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing about "grassroots" being Shute Shield, to be honest.

The issue is context of the person talking - when you consider grassroots Rugby you have so many different areas, even just for NSW - Country Juniors, Country Seniors (and all the different zones within that), City Juniors, City Seniors (Subbies), City Premiership (Shute), Schools (CAS,CHS,GPS).
That's 8 groups just in NSW, and so for one person to claim to speak on behalf of all grassroots in this state is laughable. The problem is, it seems that the Premiership guys are the only ones catching the ear of the media.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
See

See ya Skinny Minny back to the Club rugby forum. Thanks for dropping by to hear about grassroots rugby.
I'm not a club rugby guy at all.... my disconnect from Subbies is based around the lack of support from above (and most importantly the dwindling numbers across all divs and the lack of action being taken to stop the rot).

I just got tired of subbies being the whipping boys for Sydney, NSW and Aussie rugby. Stop asking me to pay for the Tahs and Wallabies through my own participation. Get the grassroots to fall in love with the professional playing system and the corpoate dollar can pay for the running costs.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
History says clubs play with fireworks when they let ring ins onto the field when short of numbers. Its a tough call but they can certainly cause more headaches than there worth. I'm referring to the Saints vs Newport colts clash in which a "non regular"player was red carded for head butting.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm not a club rugby guy at all.. my disconnect from Subbies is based around the lack of support from above (and most importantly the dwindling numbers across all divs and the lack of action being taken to stop the rot).

I just got tired of subbies being the whipping boys for Sydney, NSW and Aussie rugby. Stop asking me to pay for the Tahs and Wallabies through my own participation. Get the grassroots to fall in love with the professional playing system and the corpoate dollar can pay for the running costs.

Certainly no argument from me with your above points. Agreed, its a joke.

S

Saint Yves

What if each country select a team to represent subbies in a international subbies world cup. It could be played at lindfield oval and include the best subbies players to play for there country against other countries and subbies pays for the winner to go to Scotland or Italy tour.

This is team India but please do not get angry if I miss players.

Tram india
Coach: sandeep

1.a Bhardwaj (Beecroft)
2. v Chilly (Blacktown)
3. s Sadrata (St Pats)
4. A. Rust (Epping)
5. P.Shanmugalingam (Briars)
6. R. delailomaloma (st pats)
7. C.beadle (St Ives)
8. V.baynes (Irish)
9. S. Adeloju (Redfield)
10. S.Derrajdi (Waverley)
11. T.Amirthalingam (Epping)
12. K. taran (UNSW)
13. P. Therarajah (Epping)
14. T. Wickremasinghe (Petersham)
15. R. Raubenheimer (St Ives

I have just found a team to play against our Indian subbies team. They are called the Uruguayan Fires & will definitely be a strong match for Team India.

I hope I have included all players who are eligible & if I have forgotten anyone feel free to strengthen my team. I have not been to many games so I can only pick players who I have seen of heard good things about.

Coach - Bupa (Epping)

1 - D Garcia Luna (Convicts)
2 - C Del Rosario (Redfield)
3 - S Ribeiro (Mosman)
4 - A Oreglia (Waverley)
5 - A Morassut (Balmain)
6 - M Barbariol (Waverley)
7 - A Adreacchio (Chatswood)
8 - F Labalaba (Drummoyne)
9 - G Bordes (Waverley)
10 - P Lagrolet (Waverley)
11 - A Repsevicius (Balmain)
12 - D Alemparte (Waverley)
13 - P Quiroz Ferreira (Maccabi)
14 - S Derradji (Waverley)
15 - D De Santos (Epping)

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
I Have Not Seen Either Prop But Dan Pribula From Old Iggies Would Be Tough To Go Past.

sandeep

Stan Wickham (3)
I have just found a team to play against our Indian subbies team. They are called the Uruguayan Fires & will definitely be a strong match for Team India.

I hope I have included all players who are eligible & if I have forgotten anyone feel free to strengthen my team. I have not been to many games so I can only pick players who I have seen of heard good things about.

Coach - Bupa (Epping)

1 - D Garcia Luna (Convicts)
2 - C Del Rosario (Redfield)
3 - S Ribeiro (Mosman)
4 - A Oreglia (Waverley)
5 - A Morassut (Balmain)
6 - M Barbariol (Waverley)
7 - A Adreacchio (Chatswood)
8 - F Labalaba (Drummoyne)
9 - G Bordes (Waverley)
10 - P Lagrolet (Waverley)
11 - A Repsevicius (Balmain)
12 - D Alemparte (Waverley)
13 - P Quiroz Ferreira (Maccabi)
14 - S Derradji (Waverley)
15 - D De Santos (Epping)

India tigers will play you if this is of interest to you in a trial for the world cup. so far in the world cup we have:

india tigers
uruguary fire

if possible subbies could perhaps play our matches before either super rugby or nrl or nrc to ensure we have more viewer

FenceLover

Stan Wickham (3)
Boys, Any good Fences around the grounds last weekend?
I was down at Ryde Oval for the Iggies v Barker match. I had never been there before personally (more of a north shore guy you know) however Its a fantastic ground! amazing facilities and a sensational Fence. Which most likely adds the the quality of rugby on display.
A little disappointing that 3s were a forfeit anyone know what the reason was? I got there just before 1s kick off and that was a great game. Hats off to both teams.
Got to agree with Hurlo, Iggies Front rowers are world class.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
I was down at Ryde Oval for the Iggies v Barker match. I had never been there before personally (more of a north shore guy you know) however Its a fantastic ground! amazing facilities and a sensational Fence. Which most likely adds the the quality of rugby on display.
A little disappointing that 3s were a forfeit anyone know what the reason was? I got there just before 1s kick off and that was a great game. Hats off to both teams.

It would appear half of subbies have just jetted off to Europe for the summer holidays. BOBS suffering like others to deal with the impact the travel bug has had on these young blokes.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)

My club Bobs probably struggling with the school holidays and the attraction of the European summer!

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Big couple of weeks for Bobs in the lower grades. Home to Hawkesbury and then away to Brothers. If we don't get the wins in 2's and 3's then I think they will struggle to make the semis in those grades!

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Big couple of weeks for Bobs in the lower grades. Home to Hawkesbury and then away to Brothers. If we don't get the wins in 2's and 3's then I think they will struggle to make the semis in those grades!
Seems to be an issue with a number of clubs with younger stock. Everyone wants to piss off to sunnier shores. Valley at home will always depend on how they travel, I've heard both them and brothers are in numbers strife too.
Wonder if the Epping boys have sorted their shit out, I haven't heard anymore but reading these posts it doesn't look good for them. Might limp to finals if lucky...

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Tough for HV with the way the draw has panned out. Two away trips in a row to Dural and Turramurra. It can't be much fun doing that trip all the time!

Seems to be an issue with a number of clubs with younger stock. Everyone wants to piss off to sunnier shores. Valley at home will always depend on how they travel, I've heard both them and brothers are in numbers strife too.
Wonder if the Epping boys have sorted their shit out, I haven't heard anymore but reading these posts it doesn't look good for them. Might limp to finals if lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.