• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

FenceLover

Stan Wickham (3)
My goodness, What a ground!
What a fence!
Surely nothing can top this?
Surely Tantallon Oval can not match this? With or without a Hedge!
Its not possible, the White Oval is the pinnacle of sporting grounds in Australia (if not the world) The Wallabies should be playing here!

photo_whiteoval.jpg

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 1
Drummoyne v Pats- Drummoyne in a canter, they will be looking forward to the clash against Petersham in a few weeks
Knox v Colleagues- Colleagues will take this one in a close one I feel
Mosman v Balmain- Mosman wont be embarrassed again like they were last week by Petersham
Waverley v Petersham- Petersham to take this one out continuing on their form after their thumping of Mosman

Division 2
HH v Blue Mountains - If Mountains don't Have Kroll and Fytogannis this week this could be a cricket score. Ill go HH by 12 though assuming they are both back
UNSW v Hills - Should be a good game this one. UNI coming off a massive win against competition heavy weights Blue Mountains and Hills are looking to get back on the horse after losing their last 3 to the Top 3 teams in the comp this should be real close
Beecroft v HAC - HAC should take this one out very easily but they have continued their form of travelling after being clean swept in all grades last week by Linfield
Lindfield v Forest - MOTR for mine, Forest looking to keep their season alive and Linfield 1 win away from entering the 4.. will say Forest to lift and win at home

Division 3
Brothers v Newport - Mounting injury list for Newport will play a major factor in this fixture. Will go with Brothers
St Ives v Epping - Epping, Cant see them going down to St Ives, will take something special for St Ives to knock them over
BOBS v Valley - BOBs by Plenty, poor old Valley pack wont be able to keep up with the younf fit Barker Side
Redfield v Iggies - Should be an Absolute Cracker! Ill go Iggies have proven they are really strating to rebuild to what the club used to be, I reckon it will come down to the wire though late try or goal to win it

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The Travel In Division 6 Would Destroy Your Club. It Has To Be Division 5 Or Nothing.

Fielding two teams might destroy my club too :)

No doubt Div 6 as it is, sucks. That Burraneer trip especially.

Div 5 is slightly better - assuming Lane Cove take our place in Div 4:

North: Collaroy, Wakehurst
Central: Maccabi, Convicts, Chatswood
South: Menai

The Menai trip is no worse than Canterbury or Oatley for us. The rest are pretty cruisy all things considered.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Drummoyne v Pats- Drummoyne
Knox v Colleagues- Colleagues
Mosman v Balmain- Mosman
Waverley v Petersham- Waverly

Hunters Hillv Blue Mountains - Hunters Hill
UNSW v Hills - UNSW
Beecroft v HAC - HAC
Lindfield v Forest - Linfied

Brothers v Newport - Newport
St Ives v Epping - St Ives
Barker v Valley - BAarker
Redfield v Iggies - Iggies

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Biggest win - Hunters hill over Mountains - HH at home too strong and skilful
Best game - redfield v iggies - evenly matched in both backs and forwards
Biggest upset - St Ives over Epping - Epping in trouble this week players refusing to play 1s

Mangoman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fielding two teams might destroy my club too :)

No doubt Div 6 as it is, sucks. That Burraneer trip especially.

Div 5 is slightly better - assuming Lane Cove take our place in Div 4:

North: Collaroy, Wakehurst
Central: Maccabi, Convicts, Chatswood
South: Menai

The Menai trip is no worse than Canterbury or Oatley for us. The rest are pretty cruisy all things considered.

Hey now lets not forget the Dukes! ;)

Burraneer road trip isn't half as bad as Terrey Hills or Engadine...

Nath

Bill Watson (15)

Burraneer road trip isn't half as bad as Terrey Hills or Engadine.

Why would Engadine be worse than Buraneer, if he's coming from rouse hill he'd drive past engadines ground to get there.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Burraneer road trip isn't half as bad as Terrey Hills or Engadine.

Oops yeah - I overlooked Botany. Its not so bad either - motorway, Southern Cross Drive, Botany Road, done.

Easier than Rose Bay, which is an utter shitfight around the middle of a Saturday to get to.

Anyway, we've forfeited Thirds this week, and will see how we go for numbers the week after against Irish.

I'd suggest our postponed fixture against Oatley on the wet weather weekend is basically a goner. My plucky bunch of veterans and boys against their First Grade? Yeah, nah, injuries.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Heavyd, are we talking about player numbers or was their an issue from last weekends game. I think someone mentioned that there was an issue in last weeks game.

1 red card and a citing. Both failed to show at the judiciary. Someone thought it was a good idea to play 6 players from under 16s league. Ended in elbows and stray head butts as the mungoes went the biff.

Mangoman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Why would Engadine be worse than Buraneer, if he's coming from rouse hill he'd drive past engadines ground to get there.

And it'd be all freeway, as opposed to going into the guts of the city for Maccabi etc.

Don't get me wrong, i'd much rather head to Engadine than Rose Bay for a game of rugby! Hope to see Engadine move up to Div 5 next year mate, the Dukes have really enjoyed playing you guys over the last few years

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Don't get me wrong, i'd much rather head to Engadine than Rose Bay for a game of rugby! Hope to see Engadine move up to Div 5 next year mate, the Dukes have really enjoyed playing you guys over the last few years

Ah the dukes, you guys are fuckin' legends.

Best blokes in rugby.

Div 4 Predictions

MAQUARIE UNI v Irish

I think it may be a day for the students! Irish seem to be struggling on all fronts and from even right before the BIL tour kicked off. Must have lost alot through injury or travelling but dont look like a team headed for a 3rd consecutive Grand Final

Briars v QUINS

Quins after a stuttering start seem to be all guns blazing now and will be tough to beat coming into the pointy end of the season. Dare I say dark horses to take out the title!?

CANTEBURY v Blacktown

Berries are doing great across all grades at the moment and although Blacktown are back in the mix after a not too impressive start to the season, at Wills Ground, Berries are a different team who seem to get another gear from the home support (Match of the Round)

Rouse Hill v OATLEY

Sadly already forfeited to Oately. With a full strength squad at Rouse Hill this wouldve been a truly bruising affair. Hope to see Renegades get back on their feet soon

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
DIV 1
DRUMMOYNE vs St Pats - Dirty Reds by plenty
BALMAIN vs Mosman - Maybe this years navy recruits are no good as the Whales have been ordinary so far. Balmain upset on the card for me.
KNOX vs Colleagues - Battle of the tossers, will go with KNOX at home.
Waverley vs PETERSHAM - Shammies by 100

DIV 2
BEECROFT vs Hac - After tipping the Lindfield result Im going to go again against HAC. When you are a 1 team club injuries have to hurt and with zero depth it will take it toll. BEECROFT to register their 2nd consectutive win after last start come from behind win against Forest at Melwood.
LINDFIELD vs Forest - Old Soldier to again surprise and this week topple a very average Forest outfit. Something is definately amiss at Melwood.
HH vs Blueys - HH as at home and the travel starting to hurt the Mountain men.
UNSW vs HILLS - Going for a draw as cannot seperate these two on current form.

Div 3
BROTHERS vs Newport - BROTHERS by plenty against travel and injury depleted Newport.
St Ives vs EPPING - will be interested in seeing this result to see if some of the posts hear around Epping play out. I'm going to go with the RAMS but will be hoping to see a Saints upset.
BOBS vs Hawk Valley - Potential cricket score on over here. If I were setting the market Id say the line would be 41.5
IGGIES vs Redfield - Despite letting me down the last few rounds I'm going to go with IGGIEs to bounce back as a Major Semi final is up for grabs..

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ah the dukes, you guys are fuckin' legends.

Best blokes in rugby.

Might be some action going down at the Captain Cook Hotel if Engadine/Dukes play at Botany again......But, seriously this is what Rugby is all about.

Speaking of Engadine, I note that there is an Engadine Lions jeresy on eBay at the moment, 3XL. Ironically it's a slim fit......

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Might be some action going down at the Captain Cook Hotel if Engadine/Dukes play at Botany again..But, seriously this is what Rugby is all about.

Speaking of Engadine, I note that there is an Engadine Lions jeresy on eBay at the moment, 3XL. Ironically it's a slim fit..

Just saw that, disappointing, there's 2 for sale, probably means they've been pinched.

Status
Not open for further replies.