1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Discussion in 'Subbies Rugby' started by Rugby Central, Oct 20, 2016.

1. laura.ainslie Peter Burge (5)

A few of your guys had a great game! Some of the best competitive rugby we've had all season.
  2. Nath Jimmy Flynn (14)

Ya's can thank us when you win the whole thing.
  3. sandeep Stan Wickham (3)

good game and merrylands had to come from 10 down in the 2nd half to win. i think both teams played like it was there grand final as they know they can not beat manly
  4. sandeep Stan Wickham (3)

good game and merrylands had to come from 10 down in the 2nd half to win. i think both teams played like it was there grand final as they know they can not beat manly
  5. Johnny Drama Sydney Middleton (9)

Their top 3 teams are recruited from overseas? What like 45+ players? Obviously they've got some UK boys just like a lot of other teams. The best player came from West Harbour. Just lobbed at training one night.
  6. Nath Jimmy Flynn (14)

That's a bunch of BS mate.
    laura.ainslie likes this.
  7. Pfitzy Tim Horan (67)

Its his modus operandi for this thread.
  8. Nath Jimmy Flynn (14)

Sorry missed this initally. Any guys gonna miss this week?

Think all our guys came out of it OK.
  9. Skinny Minny Chris McKivat (8)

Having an opinion is his MO. ???

In my opinion, that's an opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  10. laura.ainslie Peter Burge (5)

aha agreed. Wouldn't have ruled either Engadine or Merrylands out. Both teams have enough potential if they play their own game. We've played them 3 times - a loss, a win and a draw.
  11. laura.ainslie Peter Burge (5)

Definitely can have his opinion. Not against that.
  12. laura.ainslie Peter Burge (5)

Unsure. One guy has a facial injury (eye fully closed) and has had a few scans. He should be alright for the game though. Captain has a possible shoulder dislocation from being landed on awkwardly after a tackle. Fingers crossed he'll be alright for the match, but we've got he physio appointment lined up for tonight, so we'll find out then.
  13. Nath Jimmy Flynn (14)

He wasn't saying "I think Manly will win" which no-one would have batted an eyelid at.

He somehow thought he was a mind reader and thought he could read the minds of both squads.
    laura.ainslie likes this.
  14. thecarterskid Peter Burge (5)

In my opinion, this opinion is opinionated. however isn't that the point of this site? Just my opinion

15. thecarterskid Peter Burge (5)

Get him a job at the Daily Telegraph sports desk. Perfect Monday morning analysis
  16. Pfitzy Tim Horan (67)

BS is the MO.

Look at some of the drivel that account has posted up here.
  17. Skinny Minny Chris McKivat (8)

I'd say a poor attempt at humour or perhaps a little fishing expedition

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  18. sandeep Stan Wickham (3)

i dont care.

my tips for grade 1 this week are

uwsh v hunters hill - uwsh to win the trophy vs hunters hill but a close match
    epping v barker - barker will try new tactics to stop the rams scoring points but i still think epping win
    blacktown v canterbury - blacktown to go back to back
    menai v macabbi - menai have too many points in them against macabbi who may have injuries
    manly v merrylands - manly have too much structure and win the cup
  19. Professional 23 Frank Row (1)

I don't think people have an issue with you having a stab at who you think will win but when you start saying that teams have already given up on beating another team as if it's a fact, that's when people will take issue.

For my opinion in div 2 I think Hunters will take it. When they played HAC 2 weeks ago, it was blowing an absolute gale and passes/lineouts were literally changing direction nearly 90 degrees mid air. This probably suited HAC's big hard running centres. Better conditions will allow Hunters to play a bit more expansive and a few key players returning will help
  20. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

DIV 3

EPPING vs Barker - EPPING have been the best and most consistant team all year having lost one game back in round 4 to IGGIES. Despite all the reported season dramas they will be crowned deserving Premiers. Bobs can be proud of their season and will give it their all but the gap to Epping is just to large. Epping by 12

NEWPORT vs Iggies - Two evenly matched teams should put on a thriller. Is it better to play the final or have the week off? Lets see if last weeks arm wrestle with Saints have Iggies battle hardened or will the Breakers fresh legs make the difference late. Newport by 5.

Redfield vs IGGIES - I'm going the upset with this one as I liked what I saw of the IGGIEs forwards and if they can maintain possession and deny Redfield backs to many opportunities I think they are a chance. IGGIEs by 3

NEWPORT vs Epping - Another upset is on the cards here with Newport building momentum and injury free. Newport had their chances in the major and didn't capitalise, this week I think they will. Epping are big men and will be brutal upfront but my gut says upset. Newport by 5