• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
How about the crap on this forum....

Absolute load of old shite!

I don't know who this skinny minny flog is, but I can tell you this 100%, there is not 1 ounce of truth in any of the crap that this bloke has written about the rams!

I don't know which club this prick is from, but writing crap on here about my club, my team and me as a coach is a weak act from a weak bloke.

I caught wind of this rubbish about 6 weeks ago but was too busy concentrating on getting my boys into the semis and ultimately winning the GF to worry about this piece of crap. But now I have some spare time on my hands... my god.. what a load of crap I've read on here.

I can only assume he is an ex-player from the rams or a low-life from some other div 3 club who hasn't got the stones to to play rugby..

There were never any punch ups, never any chance that guys were leaving! Epping is one of the most harmonious clubs in subbies!

Piss off skinny minny. You're a flog!

Congrats on your win. Are you coaching the RAMs next year?

Skinnys mail was there were a few punch ups throughout the season. Yes or no?

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
How about the crap on this forum....

Absolute load of old shite!

I don't know who this skinny minny flog is, but I can tell you this 100%, there is not 1 ounce of truth in any of the crap that this bloke has written about the rams!

I don't know which club this prick is from, but writing crap on here about my club, my team and me as a coach is a weak act from a weak bloke.

I caught wind of this rubbish about 6 weeks ago but was too busy concentrating on getting my boys into the semis and ultimately winning the GF to worry about this piece of crap. But now I have some spare time on my hands... my god.. what a load of crap I've read on here.

I can only assume he is an ex-player from the rams or a low-life from some other div 3 club who hasn't got the stones to to play rugby..

There were never any punch ups, never any chance that guys were leaving! Epping is one of the most harmonious clubs in subbies!

Piss off skinny minny. You're a flog!
I was just reporting what was told to me by my contacts at Epping RSL....

No need for all the name calling.... fat boy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just submitted applications to NSW Sporting Grants for next year. Hopefully takes a bit of pressure off the equipment and rego fees.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Refs never fail to amaze me. Two od Drummoyne's late tries came from curious circumstances. In one it appeared a Reds player knocked on. The ref put out his arm and said 'advantage'. Then he just forgot about it? and let play continue for a try. In another he let Drummoyne take a penalty tap despite there being an injured Shammie a few metres away receiving attention. On previous occasions he stopped the game for injured players 30 and 40 metres away from the ball.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Refs never fail to amaze me. Two od Drummoyne's late tries came from curious circumstances. In one it appeared a Reds player knocked on. The ref put out his arm and said 'advantage'. Then he just forgot about it? and let play continue for a try. In another he let Drummoyne take a penalty tap despite there being an injured Shammie a few metres away receiving attention. On previous occasions he stopped the game for injured players 30 and 40 metres away from the ball.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
What a great performance from the Shammie boys. They always start slow. I had some old Drummoyne blokes next to me going the early crow when they went out to 13-0.

I don't want to single out players in a team game but it's hard not to. The Shammies pack really stepped up at the breakdown today. Lineout was fantastic. Scrum has been on roller skates all year but wasn't too bad today. Will was a big loss but we covered him..

Our 8 had a massive game. Drummoyne do not like tackling that bloke! The centres outstanding today. Straight and hard running. Defended well. Great to see Sean doggedly chase down the Drummoyne winger to save two tries. George's goal kicking sublime again. A master class and a lesson to all Aussies. Solid game with ball in hand as well. Wrecking ball performance and deserved MOM from Dave. Cuddles and Johnny electric as always. The 9 Rob what a master class. The service just flawless. Composed. Stepped up in D when it got tough. The captain,Tom Evans,what can I say? Led from the front as always. Worked himself to a standstill. Talented player. If he put on a few kilos could play a much higher level.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
You'd think the clubs involved in a GF could take the time to organise a few Ball Boys. Any pair of drunks would do a better job than nobody.

What about the price of beers at Milner? I've been slaughtered there so many times I shouldn't have to pay anymore. It's a disgrace.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
You'd think the clubs involved in a GF could take the time to organise a few Ball Boys. Any pair of drunks would do a better job than nobody.

Its not just that - why weren't brand new match balls supplied for the day? Some of those pigskins were balder than I!

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
I was OUTRAGED when I saw those dirty stinking old balls. Clyne's in his Penthouse watching the AFL and ordering takeout from Quay off the back of Subbies rego's while Kentwell Cup Grand Finalists play with a ball purchased from Sportscene in 1996.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
As per
I was OUTRAGED when I saw those dirty stinking old balls. Clyne's in his Penthouse watching the AFL and ordering takeout from Quay off the back of Subbies rego's while Kentwell Cup Grand Finalists play with a ball purchased from Sportscene in 1996.

Subbies rules are that each GF team is to provide two match worthy game balls. Maybe they were two tight to spend $100 on a couple of Gilberts or perhaps as Petersham where in so many GF's onm Saturday by the time they got to Kentwell the balls had got a bit weathered?

What happened to Colleagues and Mosman this year as they normally dominate Grand Final day. Maybe a changing of the guard in DIV 1.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
$100? Can buy a Gilbert Barbarian for $65 from Subbies.

Not too much to ask for a club like Petersham to drop $500 on new balls for the most important day of the year is it?

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm too lazy to read back through this thread but I'm wondering how our experts went with their season predictions....

Also looking to hear from Rumour Ron, Prodigy and the fat bastard from Epping

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Somebody was asking about tips.

Heavyd went very close to picking the lot in Div3! 2/4 premiers at the half way point!

Ozzie Bob I'll extend on your 3rd Div wrap.

Epping - Solid without being spectacular is fare of their 1st half.
Positives their 1st grade is big and well drilled and will be hard to beat come finals time, they have plenty of overall numbers with enough to field Halligans games. This depth will come in handy late season when injuries expose other clubs.
Negatives – Would like to see their 2nd grade step up a gear as if they have Div 2 aspirations (Prodigy, do they?) you need to have a strong 1s 2s and Colts side to go up a Div.

Iggies – Quality throughout the grades and looked well drilled, well coached and well organised.
Positives – top 2 in every grade, sharp colts outfit and look to be building nicely.
Negatives – 4 away games in back half will test commitment. If they travel well they will be everywhere finals time.

BOBS – the drop down in class from DIV 2 is paying dividends and player numbers look strong.
Positives – BOBS are notoriously strong starters but then fade away in the 2nd round. Plenty of players should shield them from the those late season blues. Momentum is key for this Club and we will see early in round 8 and 9 against Redfield and Iggies if BOBS will be playing finals footy.
Negatives – Don’t have any props, and I mean they have about 4 in the whole club.

Newport – requested drop to Div 3 to rebuild after struggling to put out a 4th grade and the retirement of 11 of last year’s 1st grade.
Positives – very strong at home with arguably the biggest supporter base (along with Forest) in subbies. Last year’s Colts premiers washing through grades means they are young and keen. 2nds and 3rds looking particularly strong and will be hard to beat.
Negatives – size, they don’t have much of it and against larger clubs heart struggles to beat weight. Travel, Ozzie bob you nailed it, they have 3 away on the trot and if they can win those BOBs and Redfield won’t be too keen to get to Porters

Redfield – under new management and would not be thrilled with their start to the season…but
Positives – still well positioned and I think the danger club to really improve and come home in the 2nd round. Plenty of younger plays, well drilled and polished backlines across the club.
Negative – consistency when travelling. That said they have 4 of 7 at home so shouldn’t be an issue.

Saints – would get a C+ for 1st round but with 4 on the road they may struggle coming home.
Positives – 3 grades all competitive but will struggle with depth if hit by injuries
Negatives – Colts, the health of a club is dictated by their colts and Saints need to rebuild on that front. Colts fill holes in other grades, but not these kids.

Hawkesbury Valley – a disappointing round influenced by injuries and constant travel.
Positives – they are generally big men, love a bus trip.
Negatives – travel, ageing player base, forfeited colts last start. Sadly can see nothing but pain for the remainder of the season for this club even with 4 at home.

Brothers – the yoyo’s, they have been up and down Divs over the last decade and appear to have been most vunerable to the amateur change in subbies
Positives – some late season recruitment to 1st grade will make them a far tougher proposition but doesn’t hide the fact of overall weakness in player numbers. 4 of 7 at home will help and they will fight hard to avoid potential relegation.
Negatives - colts, departures, injuries.

Predictions
Clark Cup - Epping (defeating Iggies)
Farrant Cup - Newport (defeating Iggies)
Campbell Cup - Newport (Defeating Epping)
Colts - Iggies (Defeating BOBs)

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
I wonder if our esteemed punters would be willing to put out their selections for Presso night???

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
Looks like HeavyD knows his rugby. I for one never doubted him. He knew that Newport would drop 1st graders & Colts into 3rd grade to take out Epping, however he didn't take that into account when picking 2nd grade. Iggies were able to bring on a 1st grade bench whereas Newport had to bring on 1st graders & Colts who had already played a previous game. Not sure how he got Redfield in Colts so wrong though? And Epping were always going to win once Iggies "prioritised" 2nd grade. I'd love to see HeavyD's predictions on how the relegated & promoted clubs will go next year? I know it's early days but I'm sure there will be some creative recruiting going on at some of these clubs already.

How could Iggies prioritise 2nd Grade? Their 1st Grade made the Prelim Final and drew 22 all. Are you suggesting they went into that game with a weakened team so they could win 2nd Grade? Lemon.

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
So you are telling me the first grade 7 got dropped for the semis due to form? He must have been terrible in the first semi vs Brothers. I wish some of our boys put their hand up to play lower grades so we could burgle a premiership too. But hey, they won a premiership so I take my hat off to them. It's always good for club harmony when you prioritise a lower grade. I don't think you can win promotion by prioritising lower grades but good luck & I wish them well. I can't wait to see them up with us in Div 1 where a lot of lower grades are ex 1st graders so it will be a fair match up. Life is a Lemon & I want my money back.

Great work, you obviously spent some time trawling through Fusesport and found one player that was dropped from 1st Grade to 2nd Grade. He was dropped for the no.8 who was returning from injury and he had played the majority of the season in 2nd Grade anyway. Have you got any other examples?

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Looks like HeavyD knows his rugby. I for one never doubted him. He knew that Newport would drop 1st graders & Colts into 3rd grade to take out Epping, however he didn't take that into account when picking 2nd grade. Iggies were able to bring on a 1st grade bench whereas Newport had to bring on 1st graders & Colts who had already played a previous game. Not sure how he got Redfield in Colts so wrong though? And Epping were always going to win once Iggies "prioritised" 2nd grade. I'd love to see HeavyD's predictions on how the relegated & promoted clubs will go next year? I know it's early days but I'm sure there will be some creative recruiting going on at some of these clubs already.

Newport didn't win a 1st game after rd 4 and came last in the comp. Not sure what benefit they could deliver to 2nd grade. Who are the alleged 1st graders running around in 3s?

Looking forward apart from Ciwboy Cup ladder where are the Div CC ladders? Did Forest come last in Div 2?

Hogs

Frank Row (1)
HAC who won first grade were last in CC for 2nd div. Funnily Beecroft who won 2nd Grade were second last in CC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.