1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Discussion in 'Subbies Rugby' started by Rugby Central, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

Congrats on your win. Are you coaching the RAMs next year?

Skinnys mail was there were a few punch ups throughout the season. Yes or no?
  2. Skinny Minny Chris McKivat (8)

I was just reporting what was told to me by my contacts at Epping RSL..

No need for all the name calling.. fat boy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  3. Pfitzy John Eales (66)

Just submitted applications to NSW Sporting Grants for next year. Hopefully takes a bit of pressure off the equipment and rego fees.
  4. Johnny Drama Sydney Middleton (9)

SHAMMMMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Johnny Drama Sydney Middleton (9)

Refs never fail to amaze me. Two od Drummoyne's late tries came from curious circumstances. In one it appeared a Reds player knocked on. The ref put out his arm and said 'advantage'. Then he just forgot about it? and let play continue for a try. In another he let Drummoyne take a penalty tap despite there being an injured Shammie a few metres away receiving attention. On previous occasions he stopped the game for injured players 30 and 40 metres away from the ball.
  6. Johnny Drama Sydney Middleton (9)

Refs never fail to amaze me. Two od Drummoyne's late tries came from curious circumstances. In one it appeared a Reds player knocked on. The ref put out his arm and said 'advantage'. Then he just forgot about it? and let play continue for a try. In another he let Drummoyne take a penalty tap despite there being an injured Shammie a few metres away receiving attention. On previous occasions he stopped the game for injured players 30 and 40 metres away from the ball.
  7. Johnny Drama Sydney Middleton (9)

What a great performance from the Shammie boys. They always start slow. I had some old Drummoyne blokes next to me going the early crow when they went out to 13-0.

I don't want to single out players in a team game but it's hard not to. The Shammies pack really stepped up at the breakdown today. Lineout was fantastic. Scrum has been on roller skates all year but wasn't too bad today. Will was a big loss but we covered him..

Our 8 had a massive game. Drummoyne do not like tackling that bloke! The centres outstanding today. Straight and hard running. Defended well. Great to see Sean doggedly chase down the Drummoyne winger to save two tries. George's goal kicking sublime again. A master class and a lesson to all Aussies. Solid game with ball in hand as well. Wrecking ball performance and deserved MOM from Dave. Cuddles and Johnny electric as always. The 9 Rob what a master class. The service just flawless. Composed. Stepped up in D when it got tough. The captain,Tom Evans,what can I say? Led from the front as always. Worked himself to a standstill. Talented player. If he put on a few kilos could play a much higher level.
  8. Johnny Drama Sydney Middleton (9)

You'd think the clubs involved in a GF could take the time to organise a few Ball Boys. Any pair of drunks would do a better job than nobody.

What about the price of beers at Milner? I've been slaughtered there so many times I shouldn't have to pay anymore. It's a disgrace.
  9. Pfitzy John Eales (66)

Its not just that - why weren't brand new match balls supplied for the day? Some of those pigskins were balder than I!
  10. Johnny Drama Sydney Middleton (9)

I was OUTRAGED when I saw those dirty stinking old balls. Clyne's in his Penthouse watching the AFL and ordering takeout from Quay off the back of Subbies rego's while Kentwell Cup Grand Finalists play with a ball purchased from Sportscene in 1996.
    Inside Shoulder likes this.
  11. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

As per
    Subbies rules are that each GF team is to provide two match worthy game balls. Maybe they were two tight to spend $100 on a couple of Gilberts or perhaps as Petersham where in so many GF's onm Saturday by the time they got to Kentwell the balls had got a bit weathered?

What happened to Colleagues and Mosman this year as they normally dominate Grand Final day. Maybe a changing of the guard in DIV 1.
  12. Pfitzy John Eales (66)

$100? Can buy a Gilbert Barbarian for $65 from Subbies.

Not too much to ask for a club like Petersham to drop $500 on new balls for the most important day of the year is it?
  13. Skinny Minny Chris McKivat (8)

I'm too lazy to read back through this thread but I'm wondering how our experts went with their season predictions..

Also looking to hear from Rumour Ron, Prodigy and the fat bastard from Epping

14. Ozzie Bob Ted Thorn (20)

Somebody was asking about tips.

Heavyd went very close to picking the lot in Div3! 2/4 premiers at the half way point!

Skinny Minny likes this.
  15. Skinny Minny Chris McKivat (8)

Pretty on the money

16. Skinny Minny Chris McKivat (8)

I wonder if our esteemed punters would be willing to put out their selections for Presso night???

17. Footyhead#2 Herbert Moran (7)

How could Iggies prioritise 2nd Grade? Their 1st Grade made the Prelim Final and drew 22 all. Are you suggesting they went into that game with a weakened team so they could win 2nd Grade? Lemon.
    Pfitzy and Skinny Minny like this.
  18. Footyhead#2 Herbert Moran (7)

Great work, you obviously spent some time trawling through Fusesport and found one player that was dropped from 1st Grade to 2nd Grade. He was dropped for the no.8 who was returning from injury and he had played the majority of the season in 2nd Grade anyway. Have you got any other examples?
  19. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

Newport didn't win a 1st game after rd 4 and came last in the comp. Not sure what benefit they could deliver to 2nd grade. Who are the alleged 1st graders running around in 3s?

Looking forward apart from Ciwboy Cup ladder where are the Div CC ladders? Did Forest come last in Div 2?
  20. Hogs Frank Row (1)

HAC who won first grade were last in CC for 2nd div. Funnily Beecroft who won 2nd Grade were second last in CC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk