• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I am not advocating for games being called off with 20 to go but IMO it is good refereeing to call a game a few minutes early when there is nothing left to play for. Time to get on with the next match or the post match festivities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Lads, as someone who has been on the end of 67-nil, 93-7, 40-nil and 90-nil this year, I have no problem when the ref blows it early 10-15 minutes early.

It IS a safety issue when the fatigue and skill of the players being thrashed puts them in a dangerous position.

Time to get on with the next match or the post match festivities.

Bingo. Given some of the travel for clubs this year, its nice to have a beer at the ground and a chat with speeches, boat race etc. even if they can't come back to your pub.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
51-10 is a bit too tight to invoke the early finish, surely?

I am totally on board with refs ending matches early as teams get into the 70s, 80s and 90s. But with only a 40 point margin, I can't help but think Newport could feel slightly aggrieved that they didn't get to play out the full 80.

Obviously I wasn't there so the ref may have been 100% justified, especially if Balmain had injuries, were fielding 3rd graders etc.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Round 4 Tips from the guru.

Why no Div 1 games?

DIV 2
Forest vs HH - Match of the round - Will go with HH as Forest have only snuck home unconvincingly in their last 2. HH by 14
UNSW vs HAC - Providing HAC travel they should win this well. HAC by 20
Beecroft vs Hills - Beecroft in a tight one. 3 yellow card prediction Beecroft by 7
Lindfield vs Mountains - Mountains by 20

DIV 3
Saints vs Redfield OBs - Saints will be glad to be back at Hassell Park after tough road trip against Newport and Epping. Redfield will just have enough and have them by 7
Newport vs Hawkesbury Valley - Newport host their 3rd straight home game (will be interesting to see if they travel) but I am going to go with the big men from Hawkesbury by 10
Iggies vs Epping - Match of the round - This will tell us how good Epping really are as they face their first real test. Iggies by 10
BOBS vs Brothers - this could be anything....BOBS by 80+

Why no Div 1 games?

DIV 2
Forest vs HH - Match of the round - Will go with HH as Forest have only snuck home unconvincingly in their last 2. HH by 14
Beecroft vs Hills - Beecroft in a tight one. 3 yellow card prediction Beecroft by 7

DIV 3
Saints vs Redfield OBs - Saints will be glad to be back at Hassell Park after tough road trip against Newport and Epping. Redfield will just have enough and have them by 7
Newport vs Hawkesbury Valley - Newport host their 3rd straight home game (will be interesting to see if they travel) but I am going to go with the big men from Hawkesbury by 10
Iggies vs Epping - Match of the round - This will tell us how good Epping really are as they face their first real test. Iggies by 10
BOBS vs Brothers - this could be anything..BOBS by 80+
Agree with all of your tips but I think Beecroft will be on their best behaviour this week...just a feeling!

Anyone have predictions on Div4? Cantebury/Quins and Irish/Rouse Hill should be tight!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Anyone have predictions on Div4? Cantebury/Quins and Irish/Rouse Hill should be tight!

Quins are missing a few I think - and Canterbury beat Blacktown handily last week at Grantham. Would be a good game to watch but I think berries will get up.

Irish vs Rouse Hill will depends who shows up for us. Some First Graders back at training but cohesion will be the challenge. Irish have had a couple of decent weeks.

At this stage I'm probably in line to start First Grade given the positions we can't fill o_O

So that's us fucked!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
At prop I mean :)

Anyway I've heard a few other guys are coming this week so we might even have enough for a bench!

At prop I mean :)

Anyway I've heard a few other guys are coming this week so we might even have enough for a bench!
Glad to hear it! I believe Randwick got Latham relayed to an astroturf pitch so you guys should have a nice quick game today!

Best of luck to all involved in games today!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Didn't change much - Irish pretty well drilled, too fit. 97-5 winners.

I played the whole game at Loosehead except, for laughs, when I tried a scrum at tighthead to give an even older guy a break.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)

Why no Div 1 games?

DIV 2

DIV 3
BOBS vs Brothers - this could be anything..BOBS by 80+

5 from 8.

Saints thrashing Redfield a surprise. Redfield have been disappointing so far. Anyone knows what's happening there?

Newport appear on a role with 3 clean sweeps in a row.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
5 from 8.

Saints thrashing Redfield a surprise. Redfield have been disappointing so far. Anyone knows what's happening there?

Newport appear on a role with 3 clean sweeps in a row.

I believe a wedding this week (judging by a couple of FB posts). It looks as though they have had some players move on, including their 10 who was a subbies rep.

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
Redfield look like they would be a fantastic Oztag team with a slick back three. Forwards are getting out muscled and I think some clubs are figuring this out and using it wisely.

Still so early in the season all but Brothers are alive for finals.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wouldn't it be great if we could have a Graded NW Sydney comp with clubs like Redfield, Blacktown, HAC, Valley, and Rouse Hill? Might even encourage a few others to spring up.

Not sure what is happening to players in the area, but a few schools like William Clarke could feed clubs.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
I believe a wedding this week (judging by a couple of FB posts). It looks as though they have had some players move on, including their 10 who was a subbies rep.

What happened to Tommy Tudehope's involvement? Wasn't he Mr Red Field Old Boys?

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
What happened to Tommy Tudehope's involvement? Wasn't he Mr Red Field Old Boys?

Have passed on the reigns mate.

And to answer a few other comments from above - the 10 from last year has now taken on a coaching role and isn't playing this year. Two weddings in 4 weeks explains the early season form. Suspect they'll be back to their best soon.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Have passed on the reigns mate.

Smart man. I love game day, but the rest of it? Jeez.

Guy going to judiciary tonight for retaliation (striking). That's one-third of my bond under threat, because he did it, we know he did it, and he admits he did it.

Expectations: lowered!

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Great to see the bobs rebuild after a shocker last year. A new president and enthusiastic young committee is starting to reap reward. Word is they are targeting the Newport fixtures....

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Crashy, when are you coming down for a run????

Slug is still killing it!

Great to see BOBs getting back on track.

Great to see the bobs rebuild after a shocker last year. A new president and enthusiastic young committee is starting to reap reward. Word is they are targeting the Newport fixtures..

Status
Not open for further replies.