• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2024

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
100% But i think they just to formalise it. If we get washed out again this weekend you cant rely on a week weather weekend in 3 months time for the game.

I'm led to understand the setup in Ireland is that they have 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Need to fit that in around public holidays etc. and I'm guessing they don't play through to Easter in their season.

Last edited:

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Div 1 Tips.

Blue Mountains v Drummoyne - This could be the MOTR. Drummoyne have alot of skill and flair in their time whilst maintaining a good structure. I feel that the size of Blue Mountains will overpower them. Blueys werent at the best last week but still won by 30, which should worry the competition. Drummoyne will keep it close up to the 60th but blueys to run away with it late. Blue Mountains by 14
1/1 on the Tips this weekend. Blue Mountains again too dominant. Margin was wrong, but in the ball park. Can anyone come close to them this year? The only challenge would potentially be some injuries to their top level players which may only bring them back to the pack.

Let The Boys Play.

Frank Row (1)
Briars appear to have forfeited 4th grade.
Shit, maybe they should opt to play just 2s , 3s and 4s , seems to be the thing. Nothing in fuse sports about that game - did Newport nominate that they are playing 4s this year or was it meant to be a Halligans game, didn't you use your colts team last round as your 4s? Looking forward to the 1ns clash if this round goes ahead, NP should get the W at home, hows the field looking?

Last edited:

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Shit, maybe they should opt to play just 2s , 3s and 4s , seems to be the thing. Nothing in fuse sports about that game - did Newport nominate that they are playing 4s this year or was it meant to be a Halligans game, didn't you use your colts team last round as your 4s? Looking forward to the 1ns clash if this round goes ahead, NP should get the W at home, hows the field looking?

Sun is out and seabreeze blowing so its ready for action. All eyes turn to council between how much rain falls tomorrow and Saturday morning.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
How long can you keep whining about this? It's said and done, most people have accepted it.
Your obvious vendetta against Epping is boring. Your persistent digs at the club are consistent with who you are.

Time to get over it and move on with your new club, your new role which is an obvious step up? from where you were.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Sun is out and seabreeze blowing so its ready for action. All eyes turn to council between how much rain falls tomorrow and Saturday morning.
Good luck getting the game on. I reckon there will be alot of councils keeping grounds closed this weekend with the expectation of rain.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hmmm....

1715220629513.png

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good luck getting the game on. I reckon there will be alot of councils keeping grounds closed this weekend with the expectation of rain.

I hope council also take into the equation the $15k drainage that went into Porters a few years ago, Every 5m there are ag lines running across the field so the result is it can take a lot of water. Last week they closed it as we were to get 40mm on Saturday, what we ended up was with 8 hours of sunshine and a perfect playing pitch with no rugby. Fingers crossed some common sense will be applied this weekend.

Let The Boys Play.

Frank Row (1)
How long can you keep whining about this? It's said and done, most people have accepted it.
Your obvious vendetta against Epping is boring. Your persistent digs at the club are consistent with who you are.

Time to get over it and move on with your new club, your new role which is an obvious step up? from where you were.
20 + years playing, 15+ years on the committee across all levels from general to CC. Fronted up on multiple weekends playing 3 games to ensure no forfeits ( even if it meant big losses it was about integrity, giving your position an opportunity and wearing the jersey)

Iv earnt my stripes lad, enjoy your season.

Never Was Been

Bob McCowan (2)
20 + years playing, 15+ years on the committee across all levels from general to CC. Fronted up on multiple weekends playing 3 games to ensure no forfeits ( even if it meant big losses it was about integrity, giving your position an opportunity and wearing the jersey)

Epping must've really done something to offend you throughout that illustrious subbies rugby career you boast. I have no love for Epping but the constant sh*t canning is getting very old. Get over it.

The ultimate ressie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Unpopular opinion it would seem
But
I support the decision regarding Epping not fielding a first XV
Player turn over due to multiple reasons is a reality and Epping seem to have experienced this. Given what Epping sacrificed as a club in the 2022 season I think they are well entitled to a bit of leniency.
Had they been forced to field a first XV with reduced numbers that would most likely result in cricket scores week to week which in turn would not attract player interest for next season resulting in the club potentially going under which would be a very dark day.
I think it’s time people lay off and accept the circumstances and let the boys play, I wish Epping the best of luck this season and for the record the ram burger goes fucking hard!!!

Last edited:

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)

If you’ve been around and as busy as you say you are, you know who I am. I’m not hiding behind a screen name as this is the name those in Subbies circles know me by.
Time to show your stripes, LAD….

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
If you’ve been around and as busy as you say you are, you know who I am. I’m not hiding behind a screen name as this is the name those in Subbies circles know me by.
Time to show your stripes, LAD….
Prodigy, Do you reckon the RAMs will be in a position to run a 4s at Porters next week? I think they are planning on running colts at 3.15pm to give the boys the spot light.