• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

T20 Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thought your the Adriaan agtermekaar kerel on the group one? :nta: Anyway lets stick to cricket, last night the Cheetahs knocked out Sussex in the first super over of the tournament. They should have won easily and left it to the very last ball to tie it with a four. Then Rossouw blasted a 6 and they end up with 9/1 in the over. Up step the young Vinnige Fanie (CJ de Viliiers) and knocked out the woodward twice with consecutive balls. This de Villiers is our next generation quick bowler coming through the ranks.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
and Gillie and his IPL champions also gone after last night. So 2 SA & Aus teams advange to the 8 team league stage.
There will be two leagues, comprising of four teams each.
LEAGUE A LEAGUE B
Trinidad and Tobago
RCB
Somerset CCC
Cape Cobras
NSW Blues Delhi Daredevils
Diamond Eagles
Victorian Bushrangers

Fixtures

Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Victorian Bushrangers
Bangalore | 20:00 IST

Somerset CCC vs. Diamond Eagles
Hyderabad | 16:00 IST

Trinidad and Tobago vs. NSW Blues
Hyderabad | 20:00 IST
Cape Cobras vs. Victorian Bushrangers
Bangalore | 16:00 IST

Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Delhi Daredevils
Bangalore | 20:00 IST
Somerset CCC vs. NSW Blues
Hyderabad | 16:00 IST

Trinidad and Tobago vs. Diamond Eagles
Hyderabad | 20:00 IST
Cape Cobras vs. Delhi Daredevils
Delhi | 20:00 IST

B

BillyWebb

Bloody hell... :eek:

The Eagles have managed to beat Somerset - and pretty convincingly at that!

Well done those Vrystaaaaaaters!!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ja & Klein Vinnige Fanie de Villiers again MoTm with 4/17 in his 4 overs. :yay

Look like that Super Over gave them the confidense.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Had Langer stayed in rather than playing a stupid shot, it could have been such a different game... That's cricket.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
how the hell did the blues lose that one? had T&T down 6 wickets and needing nearly 2 runs a ball and still gave it up.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
well i just saw the highlights and the answer is moises henriques. batter's pitch and all that, but jeez that was pitiful.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cobras look pretty handy needing 14 runs from 19 balls with 8 wickets in hand against Victoria to stay unbeaten in the tournament. Davids on 56* and JP on 15*.

Zondeki getting two wickets in the first over restricting Victoria to 125

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
So last night T&T put out the Eagles after scoring a massive total. So the 4 semi place already taken and todays clash between the Dehli Dare Devils and the Cobras only to decide who will top the section between the Cobras & RCB. The top one will play NSW and the bottom one T&T in the semis.

B

BillyWebb

Not sure whether I want the Cobras facing T&T or NSW in the semi... :nta:

I guess you never want to lose your winning momentum, but somehow I back T&T to implode at some point given their high risk (and hugely entertaining) approach to batting.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
so the Cobras batting like shite yesterday, Gibbs another duck and now have to travel. T&T always look like a better bet then NSW anyway.

B

BillyWebb

Well, that guarantees Aussie one team in the final anyway. (well done I guess!)

My money's on NSW to beat Victoria.

Be interesting to see how well the Cobras cope wit the different track in their match up with T&T...

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Those dirty victorian pricks, lose half their matches and still get a shot at knocking us out.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Moses said:
Those dirty victorian pricks, lose half their matches and still get a shot at knocking us out.
You delt pretty effectively with them, today its the Cobras vs T&T. Noe please can Gibbs stop ghaveing a big head and bat to his potential , so we can have a Waratahs vs Stormers final! :yay

B

BillyWebb

Well done NSW! A thoroughly convincing victory.

Is it just me, or is Philip Hughes the ugliest batsman to watch?
And I'm not referring to his face - although that's no oil painting by any means.
He just looks completely ungainly, with a poor technique.
In contrast Warner looks like he is going to be the business in the longer forms of the game given a bit of time.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cobras waiste their change to play in the final and the turning point that last over when JP & kie could not convert when the table was decked for a lot of runs, then critical dropped catches when we bowled that could have turned the tide.

Anyway good luck to NSW for the final, think they will win it with a dissipline performance with ball and bat.

B

BillyWebb

Well done to T&T.

The Cobras had every opportunity to win the match, but you have to take your catches to do so...

B

BillyWebb

JP Duminy at least has gone top of the run scorer list:

224 runs
112 ave.
140 strike rate

But Hughes and Warner can overtake him in the final.

Hughes: 199 runs, 49.75 ave, 109.34 strike rate.

Warner: 188 runs, 37.6 ave, 143.51 strike rate

The closest T&T players are:
Perkins - 129 runs
Pollard - 120 runs

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Proof positive that Australian cricket produces the best... or at least is sensible enough to send its veterans :)

Status
Not open for further replies.