• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Fuck the Blues are useless!
If the Tahs are boredom personified, how are the Crusaders any better?
No offence to Reds supporters, but I am not holding out great hopes for a miracle from Suncorp.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
cyclopath said:
No offence to Reds supporters, but I am not holding out great hopes for a miracle from Suncorp.

They beat the Tahs so they are the better bores? :fishing

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Blue said:
cyclopath said:

They beat the Tahs so they are the better bores? :fishing
By that definition, I think the Tahs are better bores, had they been less boring, they would have beaten the Crusaders! ;D
But it is interesting - Crusaders would be generally decribed as playing hard-nosed tough rugby, but have been every bit as blinkered as the Tahs. But it is good finals footy, so look out whoever they play, assuming they get in - now very likely.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
We didn't deserve to make the finals - we have played some poor footy this year. Hopefuly hickey will have learned for next year. I have to say that winning 3 from 3 in SA was the highlight for our season, along with the win V canes in week 1.

Actually I thought both the tahs and chiefs would be mid ranked teams this years after seeing them play at the SFS earlier on, guess I was half right.

All in all, I feel the quality was down a bit this year. Crusaders didn't really deserve to make the finals, it a pity the sharks choked so much at home this year as the Chiefs, Bulls, Canes, Sharks would have been worthy finalists. I will be rooting for the chiefs from here on in. Would love to see a Chiefs Bulls final.

Funniest thing I heard today was Warren Ryan saying that he thinks Union refs have found gold every time they signal a long arm penalty.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah the Sharks did all the hard work on the road then switched off on the flight back west. What the fuck was that about? Almost certain finalists and they just muff it completely.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
mark_s said:
All in all, I feel the quality was down a bit this year. Crusaders didn't really deserve to make the finals, it a pity the sharks choked so much at home this year as the Chiefs, Bulls, Canes, Sharks would have been worthy finalists. I will be rooting for the chiefs from here on in. Would love to see a Chiefs Bulls final.

Yeah, part of my disappointment with the Tahs is the feeling that the comp was wide open this year. With a favourable draw and the player exodus at the Crusaders, we'll rarely have a better opportunity.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What the Crusaders showed is that while Deans was important to them, their culture was far more important and built for the long-term.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
NTA said:
What the Crusaders showed is that while Deans was important to them, their culture was far more important and built for the long-term.
i 've always felt the same way about the brumbies

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
NTA said:
Yeah the Sharks did all the hard work on the road then switched off on the flight back west. What the fuck was that about? Almost certain finalists and they just muff it completely.

I think mark_s said it. Choked. They started believing all their own press too much.

I also have problem with the game plan they played. The traditional Sharks way of playing was thrown out the window in exchange for a high risk offload game.

But it really went arse up when Pienaar got injured and they discovered AGAIN that Steyn is not a 10.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The annoying thing to me was the Tahs crap defence against the Lions. The Lions scored more than any other side against us and really should have won.

We just turned off.

For the season it was the lack of confidence in our backs and our overall ability to keep turning the screws. We seemed to get a lead and shut up shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.