• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs hierarchy start falling on their sword. at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Can't remember where but there was speculation that Foley and Bowen ignored Gaffney's contribution this year. Gaffney did have a good rep before this season, didn't he?
I have not follow his career but it seems it depends on who you talk to.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
What a week in Tah land

Waratahs head coach Michael Foley is scheduled to announce this morning that he is leaving the beleaguered province.

The Herald has been told the Waratahs will issue a media release this morning which will explain Foley's future. This follows strong speculation that Foley was about to accept a three-year deal at the Western Force.

The Herald revealed several weeks ago that the Force were chasing Foley to take over from Richard Graham, who has left for the Queensland Reds. Foley has for some time been interested in the Force offer, after experiencing a dreadful season with the Waratahs, which included them losing their last eight matches.

Foley’s departure comes just a day after the resignation of chairman Edwin Zemancheff and a week after Waratahs team manager Chris Webb left the province.

Advertisement
After making the finals in 2011, the Waratahs finished 11th this season, winning just four games and losing their last eight. The province was riven by reports of discord between head office and the playing staff throughout the season, with many players said to be perturbed by a lack of support from team management.

Foley survived a season review in June at which he presented his report of the season to NSW directors.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Good riddance to Foley.

Sure, all the mid-season speculation hard to be hard, not to mention the mid-season end-of-season review. But he performed very poorly with players he largely recruited. Then once he gets another season it comes out he's talking to the Force.

It's now or never for the Waratahs. Chairman gone, coach gone. Clean the fucking place out.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Did I read somewhere that Foley knocked back a 3 year deal with the Force, but agreed to a 4 year deal?
Talk about having faith in yourself!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Have Greg Growden's constant barbs and negative articles played a role in this?

I'd like to think so, and to paraphrase from German history and give it a distinctly Growden theme, I'm going to call it "The Night of the Hot Pies."

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Perth is a long way from home. If you are going to go over there, might as well make it for a long time.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Have Greg Growden's constant barbs and negative articles played a role in this?
...snip..."

Here we are in other threads saying what dribble Grumbles is ALWAYS spouting, and then suddenly we are giving him credit for the whole house of cards coming tumbling down.

In Gaggerland, scribes were on to troubles in Tahland well before Grumbles started his trash campaign.

IMHO Grumbles deserves no kudos whatever for stating the blindingly obvious.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I was really just trying to create a segue to make a joke at Growden's expense and call it the night of the hot pies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Credit where it is due.

Credit to Braveheart for inventing the Name for the event - The Night of the Hot Pies.

Credit to Grumbles for winning the 2012 Sybil Fawlty Blinding Statements of the Obvious Trophy.

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Gaffney

Here is Gaffney's record. I am not trying to say he is faultless but the record looks ok till this year. I would say Tah performance this year is down to Michael Foley as he is head. I don't know what happens behind closed doors but rumour doesn't help anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.