• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs hierarchy start falling on their sword. at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hopefully in future the CEO job will be filled by someone like Nick Farr Jones

Fairfax tried someone like NF-J as CEO. Captain David Kirk IIRC. The first Australian to hold Bill aloft at the RWC.
How good would it be to see DK and NF-J working together?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Hugh, on that basis Phil Kearns would be great as CEO as well.
I would rather they poach an established AFL guy. They all seem pretty good operators as a general rule.

Jason Allen came across from the Clipsal 500 organisation with apparently excellent history. His Linkdin profile says "A successful senior executive with a clear focus on coaching, change management and ensuring strategy is linked to bottom line results. Extensive cross functional senior experience from Director roles to current capacity as a Chief Executive Officer for Waratahs Rugby and previously Australia's largest and most awarded sporting event, the Clipsal 500 Adelaide.
Specialties: Change management leading to double digit bottom line growth. Setting strategy, leading diverse insourced and oustourced business models."

Putting aside the self serving nature of such profiles, the Clipsal 500 has clearly been a major success and he was CEO over the period. Now everyone wants to bone him. I doubt many of us have any idea whether he is good or bad, we are not close enough to know and he has had to work with a Board that no one but themselves think is any good. The most damning thing you can say about him is that he was chosen by Zermanchef and Petersen et al.

Now ask yourself the question. If you were a top-flight AFL CEO would you come to the Waratahs with a Board as disfunctional as ours looking over your shoulder?

W

What2040

I suppose the question for the Tahs is the old chicken and egg question. Has the team not performed BECAUSE of the Board or is the Board being belted because of the team (performance). The Board wouldn't be flogged if the boys had performed well on the park. Same argument for coaches and players.

Don't have a clue as to what is the answer - more knowledgeable posters could hopefully shed some light

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I suppose the question for the Tahs is the old chicken and egg question. Has the team not performed BECAUSE of the Board or is the Board being belted because of the team (performance). The Board wouldn't be flogged if the boys had performed well on the park. Same argument for coaches and players.

Don't have a clue as to what is the answer - more knowledgeable posters could hopefully shed some light
different coaches, different players, but the same results. The constants have been several board members and the fans. Perhaps it's us the fans :) Who knows?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jason Allen came across from the Clipsal 500 organisation with apparently excellent history. His Linkdin profile says "A successful senior executive with a clear focus on coaching, change management and ensuring strategy is linked to bottom line results. Extensive cross functional senior experience from Director roles to current capacity as a Chief Executive Officer for Waratahs Rugby and previously Australia's largest and most awarded sporting event, the Clipsal 500 Adelaide.
Specialties: Change management leading to double digit bottom line growth. Setting strategy, leading diverse insourced and oustourced business models."

Putting aside the self serving nature of such profiles, the Clipsal 500 has clearly been a major success and he was CEO over the period. Now everyone wants to bone him. I doubt many of us have any idea whether he is good or bad, we are not close enough to know and he has had to work with a Board that no one but themselves think is any good. The most damning thing you can say about him is that he was chosen by Zermanchef and Petersen et al.

Now ask yourself the question. If you were a top-flight AFL CEO would you come to the Waratahs with a Board as disfunctional as ours looking over your shoulder?

Careful believing what you read on LinkedIn. That Pulver Bomb Hoax fellow, Paul Peters, had a reasonable looking profile on Linked In. Scots Old Boy as well.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Careful believing what you read on LinkedIn. That Pulver Bomb Hoax fellow, Paul Peters, had a reasonable looking profile on Linked In. Scots Old Boy as well.

I thought I covered it with the line "Putting aside the self-serving nature of such profiles". My point was that he ran a very successful sporting organisation prior to his appointment. You could also argue that his customer base "bogan revheads" was not very similar to his new base I guess, but he was at least successful. (I live in SA for my sins so I can vouch for the Clipsal success).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^^^^
Hawko, Not having a go at you with my statement on LinkedIn, as you have said with your rider "Putting aside the self-serving nature of such profiles".

My observation was to reinforce the "artificiality" of LinkedIn profiles.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Totally off topic HJ, but why is it worthy of comment where he went to School for 6 years over 30 years ago?
I am certain if he went to Aloys or Pats at Strathfield, it would not be mentioned.
I see this reasonably regularly in a variety of situations, and have never understood it.

Status
Not open for further replies.