• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Canes @ SFS - Round 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I think he has been one of our best players on the field this year.

Hard to know if he's causing any friction behind the scenes, but it doesn't seem like it. The culture at the Tahs has been much better in 2013 and 2014 than it was the couple of years before that.
No doubt he's playing extremely well, but there seems to be something going on with the Tahs. Great roster on paper, kind of like when the Brumbies were compared with Real Madrid. Putting my tin foil hat on I guess.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think there's anything going on at the Tahs.

I think they've got a bit ahead of themselves and are playing like headless chickens. The underlying structures are good and they are creating huge amounts of opportunities and then doing something dumb or making a skill error (often both in combination) to ruin the vast majority of those chances.

I think they're compounding their errors because they're starting to panic a bit. The frustration boiled over against both the Force and Blues leading to lower percentage options when they were getting desperate which gifted tries to the opposition.

I'm anticipating they'll spend a lot of the week working on skills and will turn it around against the Canes. The return of a proper winger or two in the next couple of weeks will also help.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I also wonder whether AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is part of the problem. I know that he caused a heap of problems with the Ponies. Can't help but wonder if it's the same at the Tahs.
Hang on.
He was the players rep on the board.
There was dissatisfaction across the the franchise with the coaching set up.
The board sacked the coach,and subsequently performance did improve over the remainder of the season.
Not sure how you can lay blame on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) there.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Hang on.
He was the players rep on the board.
There was dissatisfaction across the the franchise with the coaching set up.
The board sacked the coach,and subsequently performance did improve over the remainder of the season.
Not sure how you can lay blame on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) there.
I'm not laying all of the blame on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), but while at the Brumbies, he was definitely one of the players that wielded a lot of power and influence. 2011 which was his final year, the Brumbies came 13th. Not much of an improvement.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Hurricanes

1. Ben Franks
2. Dane Coles
3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen
4. Jeremy Thrush
5. James Broadhurst
6. Faifili Levave
7. Jack Lam
8. Victor Vito
9. TJ Perenara
10. Beauden Barrett
11. Julian Savea
12. Alapati Leiua
13. Conrad Smith (c)
14. Cory Jane
15. Andre Taylor
RESERVES
16. Motu Matu’u
17. Chris Eves
18. Reggie Goodes
19. Blade Thomson
20. Ardie Savea
21. Billy Guyton
22. Tim Bateman
23. Matt Proctor

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm not laying all of the blame on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), but while at the Brumbies, he was definitely one of the players that wielded a lot of power and influence. 2011 which was his final year, the Brumbies came 13th. Not much of an improvement.

I've always thought that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the kind of bloke that keeps things to himself.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Anyway, the fucking game.

Hurricanes team pretty much what we expect - lot of ball runners in the forward pack, not a lot of lineout prowess, but a shitload of power.

Quite honestly, that backline is giving me bowel cramps and we can't outrun them, so we're going to have to stick to the short channels and fucking hammer them into submission.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
I noticed last weekend that three quarters of the dropped balls were caused by shinhigh round the corners or pops and guys throwing to a man about to get smashed as he took it. Wet weather or dry if you throw a ball to a guy who has Savea a quarter inch from his face he will drop it. Poor old Skelton dropped plenty but most were thrown at his ankles which are A LONG way from his hands or in front of him when he was obviously a bit stuffed. To top it off Pots threw one into his head when he was trying to form a rolling maul.
Communication from the receiver will stop a lot of this ( ie a simple" no go to ground.")
We got across the advantage line plenty and most times made serious metres. It was just a case of giving it back after the gain which then means all the back ups have to turn and cover..its an easy fix..dont throw the last speccy ...I'm not quite as pessimistic as some now Ive calmed down. Have to agree about wingers though,if you dont have the pace to finish those moves then you better be b..y good at retaining the ball for the next phase. Beale has pace Horne has go forward again its an easy fix. Beale and Foley can rotate off wing which also gives you a ball player out wide on second phase.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Should be a great game if both play to their potential.

Conrad is pumped.

9997800.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Bread confirmed as #23 - bench becomes

16 Latu
17 Tilse
18 Kepu
19 Skelton
20 Hoiles
21 McKibbin
22 Lance
23 Bread

Crawford unlucky. Did little wrong the last couple of weeks

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck they'll have trouble next week: no one has beaten those blokes playing for Bye yet!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Most have come away with a big fat 0 points after playing the Bye so far.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Tight fives look about equal, but from the loosies to 15 the canes have the wood on the Tahs (Hooper and Potgeiter notwithstanding). Canes to win by about 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.