• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs vs Brumbies. Give us a hand mate? 2011R18

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Also have to mention the performance of Craig Joubert. Managed the game superbly, wouldn't be out of place in a World Cup final.

Reactions: DPK

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Also have to mention the performance of Craig Joubert. Managed the game superbly, wouldn't be out of place in a World Cup final.

I thought he played too shorter advantage period and seemed like he was getting in the way of play a lot. A decent performance nonetheless, but he's no mark Lawrence.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)

No penalties to the Brumbies at all in the 1st half when the Tahs were off side a few times and Timani shoulder charged. Did not see the second half.

inthestands

Sydney Middleton (9)
I am preparing for a week of spin in the media about how the good the Tahs are blah, blah, blah. The commentary was borderline unbearable. Timani tackle without the arms was viewed as tough play and TPN constantly going down was interestingly not discussed.

Mmmm... most of the year it has been about how bad the Tahs are! If they get some press for scoring the most tries in the comp and getting back-to-back bonus point wins to make the finals, then good on them.

Didn't like the look of the Timani hit first up, but looking at it this morning he was definitely using the arm... it was just that Alexander had already ricocheted off as the arm swung through. Similar to one Cliffy was cited for playing for the Wallabies a couple of years ago that was subsequently dismissed.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mmmm... most of the year it has been about how bad the Tahs are! If they get some press for scoring the most tries in the comp and getting back-to-back bonus point wins to make the finals, then good on them.

Didn't like the look of the Timani hit first up, but looking at it this morning he was definitely using the arm... it was just that Alexander had already ricocheted off as the arm swung through. Similar to one Cliffy was cited for playing for the Wallabies a couple of years ago that was subsequently dismissed.

His arms were attached but they were in no way used...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought he played too shorter advantage period and seemed like he was getting in the way of play a lot. A decent performance nonetheless, but he's no mark Lawrence.

Jooubert shat me as he missed a few things that affected the Brumbies badly (a couple of possible YC offences at the ruck in particular), and his positioning at times was making him a hindrance to the players...

It certainly wasn't the worst performance, in fact it was mostly fine, but I've seen much better in recent weeks...

But I should probably divulge that Joubert just shits me in general... while I acknowledge that he's one of the better refs out there his body language seems that of a confused timid boy...

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I did remark during the game that he didn't seem to police players lying on the wrong side of the Rick very well, but it didn't seem to slow the play too much, and was against both sides so some would argue it was better not to constantly pull it up. The game was disrupted enough I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.