• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tasmanian Club Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ellabroz

Does anyone have any info on Tasmanian club rugby this season? The website hasn't been updated since last year.

Something must be happening in the Apple Isle?!?

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Panda, do you have the "when and where" as I might just come along and watch? I moved interstate a couple of months ago and am missing my rugby fix.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is Colin Montgomery having a run for any of the clubs down there? A very solid hooker who was a club legend for Vikings 1st grade in Canberra.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
the TRU website has never ever been up to date when I have looked, I always think if you cant run a website how do you run a sport?
Anyway glad the game is still ticking along down there

E

ellabroz

Thanks Panda. I'm thinking of moving to Hobart at the end of the year, so glad to see there is a rugby comp.

What can you say about the standard of play? What is is comparable to? Brisbane 4th grade? Melbourne 2nd/3rd grade?

Panda_TRUFC

Bob McCowan (2)

Attachments

• 2012 Rosters (Draft 05).xls
    55 KB · Views: 478

Panda_TRUFC

Bob McCowan (2)
Thanks Panda. I'm thinking of moving to Hobart at the end of the year, so glad to see there is a rugby comp.

What can you say about the standard of play? What is is comparable to? Brisbane 4th grade? Melbourne 2nd/3rd grade?

Yeah there is rugby here and this year the first grade has dramatically improved! I would probably suggest it would be similar to Melb 2/3 grade.

We are a Hobart based club so if you do move to Hobart we would be more than happy for you to join us. Feel free to join our group on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/6103427683/

Panda_TRUFC

Bob McCowan (2)
On the roster the grounds are as follows;
RP 1 & RP 2= Rugby Park Hobart
Eady=Eady st Glenorchy
Uni= UTAS Sandy Bay
NW = North Warrane Oval
ROY= Royal Park Launceston
DON= Don Rec ground Devonport
Burnie= Burnie sports complex (I think)

Panda_TRUFC

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone in Hobart bored today? Rug up and get down to Rugby Park at 2:30 pm for the top of the table clash with the mighty Taroona Penguins taking on the Hobart Lions!

P

PatGarnham

- Tasmanian Rugby Union update -

Round nine complete, we've reached the halfway point of the 2012 season and the Taroona Penguins are on top of the ladder.

Round nine results:

Taroona 56 v Glenorchy 7
Hobart Lions 61 v Harlequins 12
Devonport 47 v University 5
Launceston 43 v Eastern Suburbs 0
Burnie 35 v AMC Vikings 5

Ladder after round nine:

Taroona Penguins 41
Hobart Lions 36
Devonport Bulls 34
Launceston Bees 27
Burnie Emus 21
Hobart Harlequins 21
Glenorchy Stags 21
University Red Men 19
Easts Roosters 4
AMC Vikings 2

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Is there any rugby in schools in Tassie, I know they enter Div 2 schools champs but they might just be school age comps

Panda_TRUFC

Bob McCowan (2)
There is only 1 rugby school in Tas and that is Hutchins (they wear pink!)The rest of the junior teams are clubs.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
strange, TRU ever tried to change this?
It can change in AFL wastelands, I played for my school in Adelaide (I started a team, 2nd year we had a B side) but it folded after I and others left, it was the story of many schools in the competition of 2 leagues of 6 teams, mainly because like me teams would be started by guys playing on the weekend with established rugby clubs.
Teams came and went but the back bone of school rugby was the private colleges, now there is a 6 team comp with many new colleges (they have the best structure and support) in open, u16 and u15, shame there is no public schools but hopefully they make a resurgence again.

P

PatGarnham

Tassie state rep side The Jack Jumpers are taking on Australian Services Rugby THIS Saturday, 2.15pm Rugby Park Hobart.

If anyone is down south would be a great game to come and watch. If you know anyone who is visiting or lives on the island state please pass it on!

Cheers,
Pat

PS - Tassie reports soon to feature in 3rd tier section.

Status
Not open for further replies.