• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Team Lists Round 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
you have to understand foley is very limited in his coaching ability, not announcing his team is his attempt to give his team an advantage... what he fails to understand is that all it shows is that hes the only coach in the comp who doesnt have enough confidence in his team to name it early

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Not something I feel strongly about, but...

Whats the issue?... If he was to name his team on a Monday, does anyone thing that may make his team appear any stronger? Are we seriously to believe that the other 14 professional coaches and playing squads are somehow unaware that he has a squad of - at best - try hards?...

If it was important to know the squads on Tuesday before Breakfast, then I guess that is when the deadline would have been set...

I would think with the limited talent he has available - and even more limited depth, its a lucky thing he doesn't wake up on game day wondering who is going to play... Mr Hill down in Mexico may find himself in a similar position before seasons end.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's the issue with naming it earlier like everyone else? Are we suppose to believe he's undecided on a Friday the day before the match? Obviously team lists are important for things like fantasy and tipping competitions.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think it's just a bad idea in general, it might not seem like much but people start to feel like the Force is their team on game day and all other days the team might as well not be there.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I think it's just a bad idea in general, it might not seem like much but people start to feel like the Force is their team on game day and all other days the team might as well not be there.

Thats a fair enough - Its not the way I respond to a club, but I think You make a fair point. I know several West Australians who completely dismiss the WF as 'something that comes from the east, which has no place in Perth'... and so I would concedE that the Force need to keep as many friends as they can get... Anything that gives Force fans a sense of ownership, and raises the awareness, is a good thing.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Thats a fair enough - Its not the way I respond to a club, but I think You make a fair point. I know several West Australians who completely dismiss the WF as 'something that comes from the east, which has no place in Perth'. and so I would concedE that the Force need to keep as many friends as they can get. Anything that gives Force fans a sense of ownership, and raises the awareness, is a good thing.
I'm with you on it, the Brumbies could leave their team to three minutes before kickoff and I'd still support and probably laugh about it. The problem is ACT is not so alien to Union. WA is (for all the reasons stated above).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep by delaying his team lists to later than Friday arvo he's robbing them of media coverage.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
foley doesnt want other teams to be able to prepare properly>
funny how the best teams always say they are not thinking about the opposition, they are more worried about their team and how they perform- if they do everything right on their side -the results will fall into place.
naming your team early is a huge sign of confidence-
dunno who said it but someone made the very valid point "he fucked my team last year and this year hes fuckin my fantasy team"
this explains the chip on my shoulder

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
^^^ take that back
best ive ever seen snk play> congrats to him, congrats to foley
well done to force

Status
Not open for further replies.