• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Technical Question: Mobile Connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
When I connect via phone to the site I see it took a lot of bytes to TYS compared to other sites. Maybe a stupid question by why?

Is there more pictures and stuff that make the site so heavy or is it my phone maybe working on parrafien? :nta:

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
The blog should show a lite version on your phone by default...

As for the forum, try this address for a mobile forum: http://www.m.greenandgoldrugby.com/

That mobile forum is also good to use at work, doens't look like a rugby site :sharpe:

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Dankie Moses will try that one. Just another one on the mobile, do you lot get Opera Mini on that side or is it only a SA application. I use this and its cheap, a normal connect will cost you here R2 per unit while Opera Mini do the same job for 1c.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
We get Opera Mini, but it's a web browser over here (and also in SA I'm pretty certain).
Usage is charged for the amount you download, usually measured in bits, bytes or MegaBytes. My plan gives me 700MB / month, which I struggle to use unless I use the laptop through my phone (tethering)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Moses said:
We get Opera Mini, but it's a web browser over here (and also in SA I'm pretty certain).
Usage is charged for the amount you download, usually measured in bits, bytes or MegaBytes. My plan gives me 700MB / month, which I struggle to use unless I use the laptop through my phone (tethering)
Dunno but OM here is much cheaper per MB compare to the usual connecting. My plan is 1000MB per month but we use Skype a lot with my kid in the UK, so I have to pay up a lot. Up there they get internet included with their house rent, so he dont mind Skyping.

Status
Not open for further replies.