• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The ARC 4 years on

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So, you want the ARC model, but instead of being called Sydney Fleet, they'll be called Sydney Uni.

I'm not sure I understand the advantages of this model.

Sydney Uni would form the Sydney (Eastern, Southern Suburbs and Inner West) with Randwick, Easts and Southern Districts. I rather they'd forgo the 'Fleet' name and just be known as Sydney.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, you want the ARC model, but instead of being called Sydney Fleet, they'll be called Sydney Uni.

I'm not sure I understand the advantages of this model.

That's not what he suggested...

Rather a 'Sydney' team consisting of Sydney Uni, Randwick and Easts as feeder clubs...

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
...Just like ther was no interest in Premier League Football in Australia before the A-League...

What?? I think if anything it's the increasing availability of EPL matches on Fox, One HD and previously SBS that made the English game even bigger than it was previously - not to mention the increasing strength of the competition itself.

And Scarfman, I wouldn't necessarily hold up the A-League as an example of a successful competition - I suspect it's financially no better than the ARC was, and will only survive based on the generosity of mining magnates and overseas investors.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I swear I've posted my plan up for it all. in sydney you have 3 teams with the feeder clubs each. bla bla continue, its in one of the other threads on the topic.....shouldn't someone merge them?

Status
Not open for further replies.