• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The backrow against the Black Hearts ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

Will Palu come in or will Deans go for something different like:

8. Smith
7. Pocock
6. Brown..... or

8. Smith
7. Pocock
6. Palu.... or

8. Palu
7. Smith
6. Brown

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
can brown play 6?

i think palu if fit has to start, brown would be better coming on late when his speed would be a better advantage than his lack of power is when starting.

smith has to start at 7,

so
palu-8
smith-7
the 6 spot for me is wide open, i dont think hodgson is world class, mumm will be steady without winning the game. we dont really have another option, there is enough space for tom cater to make a break between rocky and the rest of the pack in terms of playing 6!

F

formeropenside

I dont think Hodgson is Test-class, let alone world class.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
6. Mumm , I just think deans is going to stick with him until elsom is back
7. Smith
8. Palu but if he's still not fully fit then Brown

I'd like to see c though. Mumm does the job without being anything special

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Brown can play 6. I think he will start. Deans has been going on about how he thinks the fetcher style of play is the way to go. That is Brown and Smith. Hodgson shouldnt be in the team, there are better options. Although his Super 14 season was excellent.

S

Spook

cheezel said:
6. Mumm , I just think deans is going to stick with him until elsom is back
7. Smith
8. Palu but if he's still not fully fit then Brown

I'd like to see c though. Mumm does the job without being anything special
Forgot about the Mumm option. I think you're right, he may play Mumm, Smith, Palu

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Mumm has been pretty average all season at 6, I think he will go for Brown and plan to attack the breakdown.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think he will stick with Mumm at 6 to ensure our line out remains strong. As wj says, Brown will make more impact coming on when he can use his speed to more effect.

I'd be happy with Brown instead of Mumm though - will help to match the kiwis at the breakdown, and they will just have to decide how to ensure a strong line out.

Status
Not open for further replies.