• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Hickey Must go thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Their is a lot of hate floating around for Hickey at the moment so maybe we could all get it here and someone can email it off to the 'tahs.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Alright, I'll make a start. He is turning the much revered 'tahs pack into a bunch of Brumbies under Fischer and our backs still can't catch and pass.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i think the pack this year is being sabataged by micheal foley, he wanted out of his contract to go to the reds but the tahs wouldnt let him, all of a sudden the pigs he is coaching start playing like crap, coincedence, i think not!

forget the hickey hate, its foleys time to be under the gun!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
waratahjesus said:
i think the pack this year is being sabataged by micheal foley, he wanted out of his contract to go to the reds but the tahs wouldnt let him, all of a sudden the pigs he is coaching start playing like crap, coincedence, i think not!

You have been silent lately, was waiting for your response on the game against the Stormers, waiting, waiting, waiting. ::)

B

Bod

From experience I think you'll find Foley far more principled than you wish to imply.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
PaarlBok said:
waratahjesus said:

You have been silent lately, was waiting for your response on the game against the Stormers, waiting, waiting, waiting. ::)

been busy paarl, didnt actually watch the game either, only highlights, so cant really comment on it all that much. can say though that the tahs having a one and one record on the road is so much better than qlds one and one record at home

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
WJ, how can you honestly contribute a meaningful input if you didnt even see the Stormers games. I know that you were in Brisbane and I assume that you were at a few of the SFS games last year and maybe caught the odd one or two away fixtures on the box? You must have a very large pair of rose coloured spectacles in your possession - could you perhaps donate them to the FHC so that we can see what you're not.

A small glimmer of hope for Hickey was the Sharks performance tonight. No real imagination in any of the attack moves may give the Tahs an opportunity next week. However at this stage I fear the fixture is going to turn into a very, very, very boring and unimaginative game of rugby with both teams setting out to play 'dont loose' rugby.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
TheRiddler said:
WJ, how can you honestly contribute a meaningful input if you didnt even see the Stormers games.
I think you just answered your own question...

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
waratahjesus said:
can say though that the tahs having a one and one record on the road is so much better than qlds one and one record at home

Genius. You're my spin doctor if I ever become a politician

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
TheRiddler said:
WJ, how can you honestly contribute a meaningful input if you didnt even see the Stormers games. I know that you were in Brisbane and I assume that you were at a few of the SFS games last year and maybe caught the odd one or two away fixtures on the box? You must have a very large pair of rose coloured spectacles in your possession - could you perhaps donate them to the FHC so that we can see what you're not.

A small glimmer of hope for Hickey was the Sharks performance tonight. No real imagination in any of the attack moves may give the Tahs an opportunity next week. However at this stage I fear the fixture is going to turn into a very, very, very boring and unimaginative game of rugby with both teams setting out to play 'dont loose' rugby.

i managed to catch every game played last year, i watched the extended highlights of saturdays game but wasnt able to get to somewhere showing it. Ive missed now, three tahs games in the last 5 years so i feel i can contribute a meaningful opinion, but i guess if the tahs are that shocking and can still beat QLD who in turn beat the crusaders, then the Tahs are better than the Reds and Canterbury at least, so were not going to come last this Super I4.

honestly though, its round two, wait till at least half way through the season. The fact that the coach hasnt said anything about extending his contract in the off season and the club hasn talked about it tells you were its at anyway. This isnt a long term viable option for either side i would say.

But to go ass over tit with arms in the air over one loss is a bit rich, are we writing off the crusaders? are we writing off the force, well thats a bad example, the force suck ass, yet there coach isnt subject to hate threads dispite having all the money in the world for five years and delivering nothing. its just bullshit at this stage, no wonder NSW cant land a great coach when they dont even have support past round two.

C

chief

Have to agree with the title. Hickey's style of coaching, wins some matches, but he likes to play it safe, despite the fact when his season is on the line. Honestly, I think NSW should seek out a new coach, because this is just becoming ridiculous.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
But is it, as claimed, Phil Waugh's influence? He's shown he's not infallible by calling for constant scrum resets, despite the knowledge that refs are tossing a coin at scrum time (witness last night where Palmer was getting everything his way until the second half when Lawrence decided to even things up).

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
waratahjesus said:
i guess if the tahs are that shocking and can still beat QLD who in turn beat the crusaders, then the Tahs are better than the Reds and Canterbury at least, so were not going to come last this Super I4.

It is typical of the Tahs myopia to consider themselves to be better than the Crusaders, because the Tahs beat the Reds who beat the Crusaders, even though the Crusader beat the Tahs.

What the Tahs need to achieve is a little bit more honesty about their own performances, instead of these sorts of platitudes that come from players, (some) fans and coaches alike. It's like Martin Johnson and England (a team that playes the same style, ironically): there is always a positive to take from every defeat.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Groucho said:
waratahjesus said:
i guess if the tahs are that shocking and can still beat QLD who in turn beat the crusaders, then the Tahs are better than the Reds and Canterbury at least, so were not going to come last this Super I4.

It is typical of the Tahs myopia to consider themselves to be better than the Crusaders, because the Tahs beat the Reds who beat the Crusaders, even though the Crusader beat the Tahs.

What the Tahs need to achieve is a little bit more honesty about their own performances, instead of these sorts of platitudes that come from players, (some) fans and coaches alike. It's like Martin Johnson and England (a team that playes the same style, ironically): there is always a positive to take from every defeat.

disclaimer:claim made before game against crusaders was played and as a joke.

the Tahs 'style' is pretty much a mish mash, they didnt turn up to play last night, was it the coach, was it the players, the only thing that needed changing in my mind was for the pigs to fire up something none of them except TPN seemed able to do.

the fact that the tahs have had far less line brakes but have scored more trys (last time i saw the stats a round or two ago now) than the reds seems to suggest there game plan is one of efficiency.

the highlanders game was decided but stupid kicking in the conditions, the first two trys would not have been scored if barnes and mitchell didnt put the ball out on the full, would the tahs have won, probably not hte way they played but when you gift a team as much territory and pill as they did last night its not about the game plan anymore its about the execution of it by the players.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
They need to have a clean out and get rid of some of these pansy forwards. Including Phil Waugh, who is more style than substance IMHO. Okay, he pulls off a starring turn from time to time, but frankly I would prefer to see someone younger and hungrier.

Baxter, ditto. Carter, too.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Wamberal! Finally made the leap from PR. As usual, you are very anti Aus. rugby, comes with supporting the Tahs I guess. GO THE REDS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom