• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new All Blacks Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not to be outdone by their SANZAR partners, the All Blacks, too, are soon to unveil their New Jersey & one can already pre-order online:

image.jpg

The big question, of course & especially in light of the brouhaha surrounding the recently-unveiled Sethfricken & Strayan jerseys, is what colour will it be? My sources tell me the 27-person design team have settled on a palate but not yet a shade:

image.jpg

I'm prepared to go out on a limb & predict that the finished article will be pretty much black with a silver fern on one breast, the RWC logo on the other, and the adidas logo in the middle. It'll possibly have a little RWC on the sleeve with "1987" & "2011" underneath & more than likely a white "collar" that isn't really a collar.................

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The big question is what the "alternate" playing strip will be?

There have been some interesting combinations used in the past.

A complete reversal, ie what is currently white is now black and what is currently black is now white, would probably be the most logical.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^ probably something like this:

image.jpg

Modified to satisfy World Rugby's "clean shirt" edict.

Alternatively they could commission @Dismal Pillock to come up with something..................

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was kinda hoping they'd combine revealing the New Jersey with tomorrow's naming of the AB 41 for Samoa, 4N & Bledisloe 3 but alas we must wait another 10 days. And unlike last year they haven't even put any teasers out. Bastards.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's finally here!

image.jpg

Basically it's black with some funky charcoal bits on the upper chest/ shoulder region but they've gone back to the black collar that caused so much consternation away back in '03........... gutsy move, that.

Strangely enough Reachy McGod thinks it's an OK bit've kit:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...on-the-all-blacks-2015-rugby-world-cup-jersey

And you can buy one here for a mere $200 (Performance version) or $150 (Relica version) or $120 (Supporter's version):

http://m.champions.co.nz/all-blacks/all-blacks-replica-jerseys.htm

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ I KNOW! I was all like worried & shit that maybe they'd put something that looks like bird shit on one shoulder and/ or some random glittery bits on the chest, imagine my relief when I clicked on the link this afternoon...................

Seriously though I do quite like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.