• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You may want to rethink that statement.....

There's somebody standing way back out of focus in the photo.

OK got him now. That does indeed appear to be Hooper. You'd assume it's a Tah at least, if they were going to fly someone in from interstate you'd think they'd use him in the pic. Although we are talking about the ARU!

Latts1992

Herbert Moran (7)
I tend to think the selection of players is based on availability. Presumably the Reds and the Tahs are readily available and in town, while it's possible the Brumbies only allowed two players to come up the highway?

Latts1992

Herbert Moran (7)
okonx.jpg

This may be where the inspiration came from?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You think? Of course it's done by availability. Wednesday is usually a no training day and players have lives outside rugby. Uni, appointments etc.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I tend to think the selection of players is based on availability. Presumably the Reds and the Tahs are readily available and in town, while it's possible the Brumbies only allowed two players to come up the highway?

I doubt the Reds would have all travelled to Sydney already. I'd have thought that would be Friday morning for their captain's run before the Saturday night game.

Certainly the respective coaches have a lot of say in who gets released for photo ops like this. The Waratahs have their day off on Wednesday so possibly some players had prior personal or sponsor commitments or they take into account previous times when players have had to give up some of their own time. Who knows?

No idea whether other teams also have their day off on Wednesday. Seems reasonably likely.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You think? Of course it's done by availability. Wednesday is usually a no training day and players have lives outside rugby. Uni, appointments etc.

Availability AND they have to be capped AND they were announced in the most recent 50 man (or whatever) squad.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nope, that's definitely 10 of the starting XV right there..............

These photo shoots are always a clear indication of who's in test frame.

Remember when Dave Dennis was selected in the Wallaby squad to play France? I don't, but he's clearly pictured here wearing a jersey:

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/488494959-wallaby-squad-members-matt-To'omua-kurtley-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXlOpqVLobqXtb2z7ofL1YX3Bi3tog6TgMfEwLFjfN3ZgWmECO4LB1yVVmAnZD1gw4Q%3D%3D

And who could forget Drew Mitchell's involvement in the 2013 Lions series:

1151.png

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways, it would seem that it's the year of the bad jersey and we're just going along for the ride..............

Look at how all the Six Nation teams went to shit in 12 months:

2014:

_72452346_464321157.jpg

2015:

sixnations2801a.jpg

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Ukraine? Sweden?

I have both of those jerseys....looks nothing like them!

Also have to admit that the jersey doesn't look as bad as the sales photo. But it is interesting that the comments on the wallabies launch are fairly limited to "its goooood GO WALLABIES WALLABIES GO"

Whats good to see is cotton and collared supporter versions even though they're excessively priced.

White alternate is quite good looking but it doesnt rely on tradition and could have been anything.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's in the sports shop in Brisbane's Queen St Mall now.

Tried it on but couldn't justify spending $160 for what is essentially a thick tshirt that makes you want to feel your own boobs. The wife could maybe do with one though.

Pretty tight to get over your head but rest of sizing seems similar to last year. It's not canary yellow in real life.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Okay so the colour doesn't look as bad as the first pic posted. Still a bit bright but I can at least tolerate it. The sleeves look very tacky though.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I have both of those jerseys..looks nothing like them!

Also have to admit that the jersey doesn't look as bad as the sales photo. But it is interesting that the comments on the wallabies launch are fairly limited to "its goooood GO WALLABIES WALLABIES GO"

Whats good to see is cotton and collared supporter versions even though they're excessively priced.

White alternate is quite good looking but it doesnt rely on tradition and could have been anything.

Interesting that they have an alternative jersey. Always wondered why we don't have them purely for a sales bump, but I don't really care for the white - I've been waiting for a dark green one for a while and if they ever make one I'll buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
What happened to the "Waves" or "Mateship Fingers" that were on the front of that other one? If they put those back on and got rid of the collar that would make sense because it would look like the one actually being sold in that shop.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Don't mind me, I just caught up. They have the supporters jersey which doesn't look as shit as the real one. Maybe they need another variation that looks less shit still?

Crisis averted, Mateship Fingers intact.

T

TOCC

Interesting that they have an alternative jersey. Always wondered why we don't have them purely for a sales bump, but I don't really care for the white - I've been waiting for a dark green one for a while and if they ever make one I'll buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a World Rugby directive for the Rugby World Cup, all teams must have an alternate design.