• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The NorthFace 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Riding in Perth is a dream compared to a lot of other places. Nowhere near as hilly as Brisbane and the cycle paths are mostly a joy to ride on. I tend to try and ride as quick as I can to get the maximum fitness benefit out of it. It's clearly working, as I've dropped about 9kg's in the couple of years I've been doing it. The ride I do on the weekend, whilst not hundreds of km's, is pure pleasure for me. I turn the bike computer off and ride for the sheer fun of it.
TBH - I did the same in Sydney. I had a 10km ride from Balmoral Beach to the city. If I could do that 4 times per week, then I could eat/drink whatever I liked, as I had done the exercise. I would try and time myself for the journey in order to keep the speed up. Also, it was quicker than getting the bus which was my alternative, this ended up being a great motivator when the interest levels waned. Loved it. Actually ended up clocking 8,000kms in my time there.

Status
Not open for further replies.