• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The one and only Wallaby Coach thread

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
So let's kick off by speculating who would take the poison chalice if Eddie goes? My bet is Bernie that would be sacrificed.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Obviously they can't fire him - so the suggestion needs to cease

If he wants to quit, let him quit, but don't offer money to 'ease' him out. The moment RA hands over a cent in any 'negotiation' for him to depart, then he will immediately say, it was out of my hands, I was committed etc and so on. Eddie CANNOT be awarded ANY miniscule opening to gain any form of moral high ground/defence/ justification etc.

If he wants to quit - then let him quit. Then it's all on him and an acknowledgment that he in fact is not committed etc.

Pressure needs to be to live up to his word and his reputation and be the coach we needed and the coach they hired.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah maybe that bloke was right after all. I thought it was shit chat at the time though.
Yeah for a bloke who ‘loves Australian rugby’ and wanted to ‘take Australian rugby back to where it should be’, blowing the whole thing up, guiding the team to our lowest ever ranking and our worst ever WC performance, and then trying to exit stage left with a no doubt significant payout seems a very strange way of demonstrating that.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ian-Foster-All-Blacks-press-conference-2023-1200x630.jpg

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Don't pay him out. Force him to quit , make his job uncomfortable, get the trashy tabloids to write negative articles about him everyday.

If the ARU pay him out , then everyone involved in it, should be gone.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Don't pay him out. Force him to quit , make his job uncomfortable, get the trashy tabloids to write negative articles about him everyday.

There would probably be a constructive dismissal aspect to that. It usually involves money changing hands in the aftermath

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)

I reckon don't pay him out, make him quit, but give him enough to make look like you're not forcing him out.

Give him the resources required to make the Wallabies good then if he does walk, it is his problem

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Obviously they can't fire him - so the suggestion needs to cease

If he wants to quit, let him quit, but don't offer money to 'ease' him out. The moment Rugby Australia hands over a cent in any 'negotiation' for him to depart, then he will immediately say, it was out of my hands, I was committed etc and so on. Eddie CANNOT be awarded ANY miniscule opening to gain any form of moral high ground/defence/ justification etc.

If he wants to quit - then let him quit. Then it's all on him and an acknowledgment that he in fact is not committed etc.

Pressure needs to be to live up to his word and his reputation and be the coach we needed and the coach they hired.
Who cares what he says if he leaves? Our only concern should be the betterment of the Wallabies

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I reckon don't pay him out, make him quit, but give him enough to make look like you're not forcing him out.

Give him the resources required to make the Wallabies good then if he does walk, it is his problem
Wouldn't he just eventually quit if he's coming into an uncomfortable work environment everyday and the Media are constantly slamming him?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
well it’s been about 24months since the last clean out so yeah, let’s do the spring clean.
I’m not sure how to reply to a post in one thread in another thread, but I was referring specifically to the coaching and related staff mostly brought in by Jones.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
yep. It astounds me that Rugby Australia is in this position again. Arent they still paying monthly instalments to Folau....
Its really not all that astounding. They chased out an actual real life senior executive administrator with relevant qualifications and experience in Raelene for a bunch of old boys who havn't got a fucking clue. In that context the only surprising thing is they haven't made even more mistakes.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Its really not all that astounding. They chased out an actual real life senior executive administrator with relevant qualifications and experience in Raelene for a bunch of old boys who havn't got a fucking clue. In that context the only surprising thing is they haven't made even more mistakes.
And then forced out Marinos who thought $1.6M a year would be better spent paying $320k a year to 5 young stars to stay in the game and who thought a coach on the decline wasn’t a great hire. Better to save the rennie termination payment …..I digress.

I hope he’s just negotiating - how committed are you ra- show me you’ll give me the resources.
If he takes japan he is a complete flog and frankly a joke