• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Other Qualifier - Sharks vs Clan - Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Who would have known? There is another game on this weekend.

Sharks in MUCH better shape than when the Clan hoodwinked them earlier in the season.

The main reason they will win this is that they are playing a much more balanced pack with the return last weekend of Bresler at lock, which allows Alberts to move back to blindside. Beast is out mut the youngster standing in for him at LH was huge against the Stormers.

Lambie returns from the bench and Reinach is fit again. He is just so much better than McCleod.

I would be very surprised in the Highlanders won this but it's a playoff so anything can happen.

I'd say the one team that the Crusader's don't want to play next week is the Sharks because they got mugged by only 6 forwards last time around and won't much enjoy facing 8.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
At this stage you'd have to back the Shorks (Clan are paying over $6 here) which means a semifinal in Christchurch.

Sharks have a history of travelling well in finals too, but going back to Crusaderland with Dan Carter in play might be a bit too much for them.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Highlanders forwards will have to be ridiculously good to give their team a chance.

They're a good albeit fairly no-frills pack but I think the Sharks will be too good for them. Particularly the stellar Sharks front row.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
While the heart wants the Scarfies to win, the Shorks should account for them without too much effort.
Their fat boys will win the game for them.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
While the heart wants the Scarfies to win, the Shorks should account for them without too much effort.
Their fat boys will win the game for them.

Yes , to advance any further is a little unlikely, no matter how much we want it.. As I have said before, the smallest province, the least financial and with the least number of ABs has done bloody well. But at some stage these factors are going to have an effect. I heard today from Hoeata's club captain that he has been picked for his ability to hit the opposition hard, so they are going to go all out. Will be worth watching.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
At this stage you'd have to back the Shorks (Clan are paying over $6 here) which means a semifinal in Christchurch.

Sharks have a history of travelling well in finals too, but going back to Crusaderland with Dan Carter in play might be a bit too much for them.

Over the years, the Sharks have lost more finals and semi's than the Waratahs have. That's the truth, though I never would have thought it till I looked it up. They seem to travel well during some seasons, but not in the finals.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I reckon the Highlanders don't even want to win this, knock the Shorks off and then come back to Sydney to play a fresh Waratahs team? They should tell SANZAR to stuff it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The Clan can do this. I'll be the first to publicly tip them. They can and will score points. The teams that beat them, do so by simply scoring more. Duh - hear me out. They score more by playing an attacking game that nets tries. The Sharks won't beat the Highlanders by scoring in 3's. The Clan only played one losing game all season where they scored more tries and lost in R12 against the Stormers and even in that game it was 3(Sto) tries to 4(Hig).

Highlanders in a tight one.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I reckon the Highlanders don't even want to win this, knock the Shorks off and then come back to Sydney to play a fresh Waratahs team? They should tell SANZAR to stuff it.

You won't catch much with bait like that.
The Highlanders are up against it but there is no way they are going to roll over.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)

Well with Phil Waugh basically saying they are the most complete Super rugby team in the history of the comp' (before they actually ever won a title) "''The talent and experience and the potential of the team they've got together now in that squad is right up there with one of the best that not just the Waratahs have seen but also probably Super Rugby has seen"

As well as Jackpot saying "I knew that when the boys were going to click and get it all together that we would be unstoppable."

I think I agree. Just hand the title over now.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Waratahs to be the first (S15) team to lose after qualifying in pole position during the round robin stages.

Will be waiting for the article from Waugh!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Wrong thread, but fuck me Waratahs. Cheika's going to have to get out his game face picture again. Simmer down you bunch of neck beards.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Much as I'd like the Clan to take this one out their results these last two weeks are, surely, a pointer of what's going to happen. That'll be three consecutive away matches against the conference leaders. The margin'll be about the same.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If you want to look at the last 3 games as indicators of form then the Sharks have been beaten by both the Cheetahs and Stormers.
No shame in the Highlanders being beaten away by the two top teams in the comp but the Sharks getting dished by the also rans gives me the impression they are hardly invincible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If you want to look at the last 3 games as indicators of form then the Sharks have been beaten by both the Cheetahs and Stormers.
No shame in the Highlanders being beaten away by the two top teams in the comp but the Sharks getting dished by the also rans gives me the impression they are hardly invincible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Sharks smashed the Stormers 34-10 away from home in the last round. It was a bit of a return to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.