• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The ranting at Deans/ARU/O'Neill/Players thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Wow that is the most tortured metaphor I think I have ever heard.

My brain hurts.

So Robbie is the bus driver taking us nowhere, therefore on international trips you want to sit next to... Argentina?
Noting of course that a bus wont get him to Argentina at all......a cunning plan - we just wont turn up!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
This quote relates to the pain involved in repeated stupidity and inaction, I am not getting off the Rugby bus mate, I am just deciding WHO I will sit next to on International trips.
Cause the problem is the driver of the Wallabies bus is taking us no where; over and over and over again.

Wouldn't the team manager be the driver and Robbie the tour guide? A tour guide can only give experience, facts and advice. It's up to the tourists to implement those things when given the time to explore on there own.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
These analogies and metaphors are much more exciting than the traditional rugby cliches.

Imagine if Will Genia had said in his post match interview last weekend "Robbie is our tour guide and he told us all about the wonders of The Louvre, but unfortunately we were just unorganised individual tourists who joined the wrong queue and stood in line all day and didn't get in. Meanwhile the All Blacks were part of an organised tour group and got to skip the queue. We're hoping to see The Louvre in two weeks time in Perth."

Karl

Bill McLean (32)

My brain hurts.

So Robbie is the bus driver taking us nowhere, therefore on international trips you want to sit next to... Argentina?

:)

I Lol'd.

I think though that even on this analogy/metaphor thingy that if the Bus Driver is going the wrong way or if the Tour Guide isn't getting the tourists organized, going for some other team is still the equivalent of getting off the bus because isn't the bus itself just a metaphor for the Wallabies?

Maybe it should be the Yellow Submarine instead. There's a good song to go with that too, although The Wheels on the Bus going round and round would layer yet another metaphor in there as well.

What I want to know is whether the bus has one of those toilets in the back.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If it was the Yellow Submarine, at least we'd all be tripping on acid and would care far less about the losses.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
What is JON indicating?
A. How close Robbie is to being sacked?
B. How big his own wallet is?
C. How to applaud brilliant Wallaby backline play in case you've forgotten?

images

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)

My brain hurts.

I'm told the first class bus travel in Argentina is fantastic. Huge seats, in-seat screens, and, most importantly, a bar on board.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
What is JON indicating?
A. How close Robbie is to being sacked?
B. How big his own wallet is?
C. How to applaud brilliant Wallaby backline play in case you've forgotten?

images

"Right you pricks, you've hurt Robbies feelings so bad I have to give the after game address."

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm told the first class bus travel in Argentina is fantastic. Huge seats, in-seat screens, and, most importantly, a bar on board.

Oh yeah it's fantastic. It's like flying first class. Did an eighteen hour trip and the time flew by.

But that is a story for another day.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Oh yeah it's fantastic. It's like flying first class. Did an eighteen hour trip and the time flew by.

But that is a story for another day.

That's nothing. I did a 60 hour bus trip from the bottom tip up to Iguazu falls. Good times.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Myopic Deans bashers reveal the ugly head of xenophobia

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...-xenophobia-20120831-255kc.html#ixzz25AE90ArP

Nothing like saying "you're all being racists" to shut down any form of discussion; rational or irrational (the other one is "now you're being un-Australian").

This sycophantic argument that the Blecks are too good is not an excuse. If that is the case why not just forfeit. The fact is the Blecks system is doing something awesome, it's no secret, they have been on top for ten years now as Sloe results go. Our system is not up to that standard, why not and how do we get there?

We need an answer, we can't sit around waiting for Sir Ritchie to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.