• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The success of League players in Rugby Union

Did/do you wish for Rugby League converts to Union, to fail in our code?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tip

My organisation has worked with the Rabbitoh's quite a bit, and whilst I'm aware of the media reports on him, from what I witnessed he is a hard trainer, well liked amongst his peers and was pretty intelligent..

I wouldn't judge Te'o on his league performances this year. He's given up on League the same way league gave up on him. He's rightly pissed off at the way Channel 9 sullied his reputation - and didn't give the same air-time when the charges were laughed out of court and the accusing female was proven a liar & merely trying to cash in at the expense of Te'o.

I'd like to see Media organisations forced to give the same page-space & network&broadcast time as the initial fabrication.
There's no way on earth it is fair for ACA/Newspapers to broadcast unproven allegations that tarnish ones reputation - and not broadcast amendments after the facts have emerged.

Regarding League converts, Michael Foley said it takes 2 years to get a club player up to speed with Super Rugby. League players are already professional athletes so the learning & conditioning curve is a lot less.

Mullos

Stan Wickham (3)
My organisation has worked with the Rabbitoh's quite a bit, and whilst I'm aware of the media reports on him, from what I witnessed he is a hard trainer, well liked amongst his peers and was pretty intelligent..

Cut from a different cloth compared to the average Mungo then.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I have worked and still work with many NRL players including Ben. He is a great bloke , a very good trainer and player.. Overall the NRL media is ridiculous and really paints a poor picture of every player.
To be honest I am not sure how his transition will go, forwards play is very different and it may take a while to fit in but he is a hard worker and should do well. IMO he is a solid player but will not be anything special like izzy or SBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.