• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The TV Broadcasting of Australian Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
How much is the CH9 deal worth?

Can the ARU afford to tell them where to stick it and give the rights for all Tests to the ABC for free or even better give them Tests for free in return for a Brisbane and Sydney club match every weekend shown on ABC.

Is there value to the game as a whole in having all tests shown live, 2 club games a week and a S15 highlights package each week on FTA? Is this more valuable to the game than the dollars the ARU currently gets?
Do the ABC have enough cameras to cover 2 games on the same day?

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
The ARU should sell the rights to broadcast live games, and you pay double if you buy the rights and don't show it live.

T

TOCC

ABC are reportedly about to cancel their coverage of the shute shield, just like they did to the W-League...

The CH 9 deal is still valued in the $millions, the ARU isn't exactly in a position to ignore such figures..

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Don't even get the anthems on 9. First and hopefully last test i've had too watch on this channel for a long time.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Do the ABC have enough cameras to cover 2 games on the same day?

yes, the abc have a $6 million OB truck in Brisbane and tonnes more gear in Sydney and crew sitting there doing nothing since the local league coverage got cancelled this year. But abc management don't care about tv anymore, if you could tweet a rugby game mark scott would be all over it like a rash. TV is dead, just ask him.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
You have to pay to get into Schute Shield games. $15 last one I went to I think.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
$15 bucks for a club game is outrageous!

Even the Qld Cup League comp is only $5 here.... five bucks too much I might add!

Agree Kronic, always buy a bite to eat & a drink or two at a local game.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'd be happy to pay a few dollars to get in the ground. As long as it all goes to the club. Right now it's one of the best value for money bits of entertainment going around. A burger and a drink is not much to pay for some of the quality rugby I've watched this season.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I'd be happy to pay a few dollars to get in the ground. As long as it all goes to the club. Right now it's one of the best value for money bits of entertainment going around. A burger and a drink is not much to pay for some of the quality rugby I've watched this season.
From what I see the clubs seem to set their own pricing.
Yes it's usually $15 to get into a Shute Shield game but some clubs offer early bird rates if you're there before 3rd grade.
What is poor is the inconsistent charges for kids to enter.
Some let in school kids for free, others only free up to under 15. What are they thinking, let them in for nothing.
I heard that yesterday they were charging school kids the full freight of $20 to get in.
Clubs need to get smart and offer a package deal offer for entry.
Set a price and include an option of a pie/bbq sando/salad sando? and a soft drink with it. Simply add $1 to upgrade from soft drink to beer.

T

TOCC

I turned up late to a southern districts game and they gave me half price since I'd missed a fair chunk already...Not complaining

Sunnybank tried charging tickets a number of years ago, problem was I'm pretty sure the fence hire cost more then they were getting in return..

From what I've scene, a large number of Shute Shield fields are fenced(6' high), whereas in Brisbane Premier Grade I don't think any of them are.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So can anyone confirm if 9 are showing Saturdays Test live in Bris/Sydney?

TV guide on the ninemsn website says its on 90 min delay until the Cows/Broncos game is finished.

For Fcuks Sake - they've got 3 channels!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep looks like coverage on Nine starts at 9:45pm when kick off is 8:35pm here in Sydney.

This is why the ARU should take the blame in giving the rights to the Nine, they knew there would scheduling conflicts with league and obviously they're going to show that shit instead of the national team in a game of rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.