• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Has been on the cards for most of this season, though at one stage it was reported that Joe might have been looking to get out of the deal. Not sure of the current status, but I don't think we'll be seeing Joe in Brumbies' or Wallabies' colours next year.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah - losing Tomane, To'omua, Pocock, Moore and possibly Ruan Smith. Four Wallabies and one near the cusp of selection. Then, Albert Anae who is more of a stand by player for the Brumbies is off also, as I think Michael Dowsett may be also.

On top of that Ita Vaea was forced to retire for health reasons.

Quite a few spots on the roster to be filled. Hence the signing of Fakosolea and Saia Fainga'a from Qld, and Alcock and possibly Godwin from the Force. A couple of spots might go to local JID players.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah - losing Tomane, To'omua, Pocock, Moore and possibly Ruan Smith. Four Wallabies and one near the cusp of selection. Then, Albert Anae who is more of a stand by player for the Brumbies is off also, as I think Michael Dowsett may be also.

On top of that Ita Vaea was forced to retire for health reasons.

Quite a few spots on the roster to be filled. Hence the signing of Fakosolea and Saia Fainga'a from Qld, and Alcock and possibly Godwin from the Force. A couple of spots might go to local JID players.

Ruan Smith confirmed leaving the Brumbies? He was just starting to hit some good form :(

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Brums are starting to look a bit skinny next year.

You blokes better enjoy the finals this year as it may be a while from now on.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Annoying To'omua, and Tomane are leaving whilst they seem to be peaking in form. Probably goes for Beale, Higgers and many others too.

Certainly don't blame them for leaving but just wish they left earlier or later in their career not when they are playing their best rugby.

Seems to be a frustrating trend now.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Annoying To'omua, and Tomane are leaving whilst they seem to be peaking in form. Probably goes for Beale, Higgers and many others too.

Certainly don't blame them for leaving but just wish they left earlier or later in their career not when they are playing their best rugby.

Seems to be a frustrating trend now.

and most of these guys are short of the required 60 caps

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ruan Smith confirmed leaving the Brumbies? He was just starting to hit some good form :(

Not confirmed either way, but still in discussions I believe. If he leaves, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's to go to the Reds who no doubt are looking for a replacement for Holmes, and Ruan would be looking for more game time. Of course, he could get more game time here too if he continues to outplay Benny A.

I agree this conversation would be better placed in the Brumbies 2017 thread. Any moderator able to do so?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
"brumbies to copy england ploy"....wow..thank god the brumbies coach and wallabies attack/backs coach is a Rugby legend and attacking genius. Seriously WTF...I know he has plenty of knowledge, skill and can give some good advice but I'm having doubts about his ability to coach a team/ backline at the level required for a top tier nation. At least at this early stage of his coaching life.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
"brumbies to copy england ploy"..wow..thank god the brumbies coach and wallabies attack/backs coach is a Rugby legend and attacking genius. Seriously WTF.I know he has plenty of knowledge, skill and can give some good advice but I'm having doubts about his ability to coach a team/ backline at the level required for a top tier nation. At least at this early stage of his coaching life.

What is that comment reffering too? Did Larkham say that? In what context?