• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The World Club Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Finally we will find the answer to the question we have long asked. Just who is the best club out of three totally random teams chosen. And when I say "random" I mean someway linked to a sponsorship deal somewhere.

Good in theory, but lacking in practise, as the teams aren't champions of anything and none will have any test players, I would have thought.

FRENCH club Perpignan will join English sides Gloucester and Saracens along with Australian club Western Force at the inaugural world club championships in Singapore.
Perpignan president Paul Goze said he was delighted that his club had been selected for the tournament, which will run from July 25 to August 2, though they will be without New Zealand great Dan Carter as his six-month contract will have come to an end.

"This is proof that Perpignan has become a very attractive proposition," said Goze.

"This sort of tournament will only increase our image in the game and is proof that Perpignan is a major player in French rugby."

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Saracens aren't even in the HEC. Perpignan are on their way out of it as we speak. Ditto Glaaawwwwwsterrrrrr. The Farce - well, God love them, they try.

Interesting take on the concept of championship. To say the least of it... ::)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Scotty said:
Very, very loose definition of championship.

to be fair, its a fairly loose definition of "world" as well.

And "club" whilst we are at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.