• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Things that I love about Rugby these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spooony

Its not about these days but about something that happened couple of years ago. Ok it was like almost 20 years ago.

Western province were playing Free State in a Currie Cup match. If WP win they would go through to the final. Now the game were tough like they always are in Bloem on the gravel with a bit of grass on it field. Free State were leading with 3 points if I can remember correctly. Wp made meters and were carving through the Free State defense. I think it was FC Smit who got the ball with a clear try line in sight when half the country watching on the tele just saw a pair of socks, a bum and testicles and FC Smit hitting the ground and dropping the ball forward. Well a Free State supporter with only his socks on tackled him costing WP the match. I mean you didnt know if you had to laugh or swear at the guy but no one saw him and he made a perfect tackle lol. And he wasnt a big man. Thats a moment I will never forget. That also defined Free State supporters lol. If they start with the brandy then they will wrestle a bear.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
We can blame rice for quades blown knee to.

The ARU really should have flown rice over so she could cook and clean up after him and left his mind on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.