1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Time to cull the NRC?

Discussion in 'National Rugby Championship (NRC)' started by Mangoman, Jul 8, 2017.

1. amirite Chilla Wilson (44)

I agree with the point on stats, but I was using it as a comparison to a stat that also didn't have outliers removed either (which I didn't bring up). I believe it makes the point.

Plenty of players who were already in the pathway have used the NRC as that vital stepping stone. Guys like Ready, Kerevi, Latu, McMahon, etc, stand out.

A fair few players have wholly emerged from the NRC too. Naivalu, Simone, Lolohea spring to mind.

As far as the loss of capital, a lot of the money in it comes from a sponsorship and television money that exists purely because of the NRC. Sadly, new sponsorship dollars are required, but you see my point.
  2. Pfitzy John Eales (66)

You're forgetting its a team game. People who score stand on the shoulders of giants.

Stop being such a grumpy old man.
  3. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

If all the grumpy old men are stopped, there goes the game right there!!!
    dru and Teh Other Dave like this.