• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Time to cull the NRC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
These results are greatly skewed by the significant blow out games. Any discussion of statistics like this needs to be presented with the average and standard deviation.

What players has the NRC produced? Have they executed their skills at the required level? Were those identified already part of EPS squads?

The downside is the loss of Capital (both monetary and intangible) that could have gone to something that will actually succeed in the long term.

I agree with the point on stats, but I was using it as a comparison to a stat that also didn't have outliers removed either (which I didn't bring up). I believe it makes the point.

Plenty of players who were already in the pathway have used the NRC as that vital stepping stone. Guys like Ready, Kerevi, Latu, McMahon, etc, stand out.

A fair few players have wholly emerged from the NRC too. Naivalu, Simone, Lolohea spring to mind.

As far as the loss of capital, a lot of the money in it comes from a sponsorship and television money that exists purely because of the NRC. Sadly, new sponsorship dollars are required, but you see my point.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
1. What a crock. The biggest scorers and standouts were blokes like Simone, ah but he'd already been identified...

You're forgetting its a team game. People who score stand on the shoulders of giants.

Stop being such a grumpy old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.