• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Time to watch 10 news

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Just watching ten news at 5, and it has real rugby coverage. ~5 minutes on the rugby, a rugby story during the news itself and not the sport section, a proper cross over, proper report on the invasion by the Lions fans and Origin rubbish reduced to a quick mention.

Vote with you're feet / remote controller.

Channel 10 is beaming the Lions tests LIVE into all 5 capitals. How good is that. Bring on Rugby on channel 10

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
TEN is really behind the rugby. They want 'event' TV and the Lions Tour will give them much needed advertising revenue. If we want them to support Rugby we have to support them.

The benefit of Free to air TV supporting your sport is the amount of cross promotion they do on other shows that non-traditional rugby followers will be exposed to. Ten have been doing a lot of it this week, on the Project, the Living Room etc.

Edit: for example

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I will be watching Ten. They are showing it live and have brought my favourite Rugby commentator Gordon Bray back. I remember getting up early or staying up late to watch the Wallabies and Gordon Bray on the ABC from the UK.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
We always watch Ten News, then 9 Gold Coast news, then ABC! (I have the only permit in our home allowing use of the remote control)!
Have been impressed with Ten's BIL tour coverage so far. Looking forward to hearing G Bray, Matty B, Sterlo Deadlock, etc., 2nite.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Lots of references to the match tonight on the Sydney Ten news.

With the craphouse weather in Sydney this evening, hope people tune in and boost the ratings for Ten after the effort they have put in to plug the game.

Fingers crossed the Wallabies and Lions put on a decent game to showcase rugby to the unconverted as well.

Cpt Crow Eater

Chris McKivat (8)
Great to see rugby on FTA again (the Super 'Ugby highlights at 2330 on a tuesday doesn't count for me)

lf you want to support rugby, back those who support our game as well.

I know i'll be watching the series on 10 and I would suggest to anyone here that if you're happy with the coverage, send 10 an email, thank them and let 'em know!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Thoroughly enjoyed the fta coverage on channel 10.
Gordon Bray with Matt Burke, Stirling Mortlock and the prominent Scottish commentator were very very good!

Status
Not open for further replies.