• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

To Tweet or not to Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Who cares where he goes? Next year the whole circus will start again and he'll piss off somewhere else. Hang in there, he'll make the rounds so everyone can have a bit.

Couldn't help but notice on the Twithead feeds on the front page that he has gone quiet so for once we don't know what he had for lunch today. Someone told young James to shut it for a bit.

Twitted he was drinking hot chocolate just as the deadline approached apparently.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Mindless rubbish most of the time. I really couldn't care if someone just took a dump, or ate a hamburger. It all seems so churlish and smacks of "look at me.. pleeeease look at me!"

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Generally I'd agree with that - most posts on twitter (especially the sports stars) are quit bland. But you can still glean the odd bit of great, interesting info from them. And depending on what your interests are, you can hunt down and follow some really excellent twitter users too.

R

Red Rooster

Generally I'd agree with that - most posts on twitter (especially the sports stars) are quit bland. But you can still glean the odd bit of great, interesting info from them. And depending on what your interests are, you can hunt down and follow some really excellent twitter users too.

You make the assumption that sports stars for some reason are there to be entertaining or informative. Why are they under any obligation to be any more or less bland than any other joe blow on twitter. Its not meant to be a one way street and if you don't like the blandness then don't follow them. I personally find the banter and the accessability of some to be great - you can direct questions and actually get answers from some which then adds some flesh and detail as opposed to some of the guessing that goes on this site

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

In situations like the uprisings in the Middle East or a natural disaster, that kind of rapid information delivery is very useful, but a lot of the rest just bores the tits off me. Especially sports and entertainment people. But I guess we should expect a level of narcissism from that segment of the population ;) Equally, I guess I shouldn't confuse the medium with the message, the tech is pretty cool and useful.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
You make the assumption that sports stars for some reason are there to be entertaining or informative. Why are they under any obligation to be any more or less bland than any other joe blow on twitter. Its not meant to be a one way street and if you don't like the blandness then don't follow them. I personally find the banter and the accessability of some to be great - you can direct questions and actually get answers from some which then adds some flesh and detail as opposed to some of the guessing that goes on this site

Um, wtf? I make no assumptions thanks. I'm not criticising them, I'm just saying that a lot of twitter content isn't all that interesting imo..

T

TheNextBigThing

After a full page discussing the merits of twitter, I'm starting to think there's a lot of GAGR content that "isn't all that relevant"

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Depends what you want out if it and how you want to use it. Has been revolutionary in getting this site access to people that only main stream journos would have got in the past.

I like the banter element of it, but even the inane stuff is no worse than the puff pieces you get in the press- just without the middle man.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
My rule of thumb is that if some one posts on twitter, then anything they have to say isn't worth listening to. Ignorance is bliss.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
My rule of thumb is that if some one posts on twitter, then anything they have to say isn't worth listening to. Ignorance is bliss.

You got the ignorance bit right

The Force's coach, forwards coach, captain and vice captain are all good, accessible twitter users. Ask them a question, they'll answer.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

well you may have to move to a new site as a fair few of the posters here are on twitter.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
More tounge in cheek, the twitter alumni scroller on the front page has raised my consciousness to what I am missing out on, but I just can't handle the inane shit. I'm sure being selective in who you follow helps.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Through Twitter I had photos published on SMH and also NBN and Prime tv.

It is all about how you use it. You get out of it as much or as little as you want.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I don't like twitter, i'd rather players write their own blog or something. And make it about rugby (i don't care what shoes they are buying or TV show they are watching). Unfortunately twitter is here to stay, until the next revolutionary social networking cult comes around anyway. ;)

btw, do any Oz players have their own blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.