• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tough Mudder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Anyone doing this over the weekend in Sydney? I'm running it on the Sunday. Please keep me in your prayers.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Go well (I don't pray).
I kinda want to do one of these, but wonder how much crazy preparation is needed. I'm fit enough on a bike, but never do much running anymore.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I've signed up for the sunshine coast one, but that's not until August.

Interested to hear how the event is

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Not looking forward to the electric shocks.....will post next week if I still possess any motor skills....

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok, I am doing Tough Mudder this year. How did you guys go last year? Any tips? Is it bloody hard? Suggested training? I've got a team of about 8. Mostly front rowers but a few pesky backs.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I've been considering the Sunny Coast one. A mate did it last year and wore his GoPro. The biggest obstacles for me will be mostly submerged with muddy water, completely dark pipes that you need to crawl/swim/scramble through. Fucks with my head thinking about it.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I've been considering the Sunny Coast one. A mate did it last year and wore his GoPro. The biggest obstacles for me will be mostly submerged with muddy water, completely dark pipes that you need to crawl/swim/scramble through. Fucks with my head thinking about it.

Ok, I am doing Tough Mudder this year. How did you guys go last year? Any tips? Is it bloody hard? Suggested training? I've got a team of about 8. Mostly front rowers but a few pesky backs.

A group of us are looking to likely do the Sydney event when it's announced sometime this year. Will be most of our first. Evidently it's not too bad if you are with the pack as you tend to get a bit of rest as you approach the scrum at each obstacle.

If you go on the TM site you'll actually find they have different levels of preparation programs. You have to enter things like height/weight/age etc.

We'll be preparing for it by doing the 'Running Scared' (it's a Zombie run) event in May it's only 8km as opposed to TM's 20 but is run at night. The big decision will be on whether to be the chased or the chasers.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Do lots of running......LOTS of running. Cross country running if you can. The obstacles are actually pretty easy but the running is a killer...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
`Ok, so this is now just over a week away.

Any last minute entrants to the Sunny Coast? I hear numbers are way down so perhaps the crowding at the obstacles I hear about will be down as well?

Training has gone well. Would have liked to get a bit more distance in my running, but bugger me I hate running.

And dark tunnels submerged in water.

Status
Not open for further replies.