• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TPN being flown to Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Well, even if you are a slave to the carnival next year, this match is just as important. Our last chance to play the soap dodgers - who I believe have been to more finals than anyone else (IIRR?) before that tournament. If we get smashed here, we've created on giant bogeyman who will be lurking next year.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I am in total agreement, Hornet, but I think that everything after your exclamation marks is superfluous. We're talking about a Test against England.

This preoccupation with a knockout carnival devalues the importance of contests between nations and provides excuses for coaches who are unable to field competitive teams.

Read my post from earlier on.

We need to win this weekend. I want to go undefeated through this EOYT. We may have been comfortable against England if Squeaky was fit. But since he has had back spasms, we might not be comfortable.

That means the risk analysis in regard to leaving TPN at home changes. We may need TPN in Europe now.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Fuck no!!!!!!

I think the match against England is very important - a test against ENGLAND (BTW - I'm pretty sure they have played in 3 RWC finals, the same as Australia).
I find it hard to believe that TPN just happens to have made a full recovery from injury (full fitness included) just when Moore is injured and in doubt for the match.
As much as I want to win the match, I would not play a player who is not ready to go. If he is ready to rock - great stuff.

I was very content knowing that Baxter and TPN were recovering from injury and preparing for next season with the Waratahs. At least Baxter is still safe in Sydney.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Shaft! John Shaft!

http://sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash2/hs565.ash2/148734_499520435730_20262130730_7628099_6434724_n.jpg

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
He looks in great shape judging by this photo.

20hrapw.gif

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Shaft! John Shaft!

http://sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash2/hs565.ash2/148734_499520435730_20262130730_7628099_6434724_n.jpg

Just to accompany the photo.Enjoy

Who's the Islander hooker
That's a scrummaging machine to all the Wallaby fans?
(Nau!)
You're damn right

Who is the man
That would risk his neck for a tackle, man?
(Nau!)
Can ya dig it?

Who's the hooker that won't pop out
When the scrum's folding all about
(Nau!)
Right on

You see this cat Nau is a bad mother--
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talkin' about Nau
(Then we can dig it)

He's a complicated man
No one understands him but Dingo Deano
Palota-Nau!

Credit to Neighorn from the PlanetRugby forum.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Maybe some of our younger members won't remember the movie Shaft or the soundtrack by Isaac Hayes - but it was good stuff in the day.

But I digress from the subject of ketchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.