• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations Game 4 South Africa v Australia - Saturday 13 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
I feel almost no satisfaction from that win. I want Bryce Lawrence sacked... No hung, drawn and quartered.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Obviously not a blitzing by the Wallabies, but really good to see them play and win a tight, calm game. Quade Cooper in particular was a different player from last week. Now all we need to do is focus a bit more on the "catch" side of things.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
satisfying win. Unbelievable refereeing. And we kept our heads. Faainga was massive off the bench. I actually thought Mccabe wasnt too bad though on first viewing

O

OLDDOG

fuck me, how did we win that, playing against 16 men? I gotta say, I'm likin the nice hushed murmur of that durban ground.... :)

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
showed we can win even when the game isn't flowing, everyone is dropping the ball and the ref is either not blowing his whistle or blowing it heaps..

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Twas a frustrating game to watch.

Pretty sloppy and bad handling, especially toward the end.

McCabe scoring his first try didn't get much of a reception from his team (except Pocock, good bloke), which was disappointing.

Ant Fainga made some killer tackles and the scrum looked pretty solid.

Kind of a meh feeling for a win, but it is still a hell of a lot better than a loss.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Lawrence was even-handed.

He was just utterly, unforgivably appalling. How in the name of Jesus anyone could think him fit to ref at the world cup is beyond me. Inconsistent, inept, clueless.

As for the Bokke, they deserved to lose that by playing such heart-stoppingly dumb rugby. They never saw a wrong option they didn't take. Losing by five when you spurn two penalties? Your own fault. Going off the top when your lineout is all over them? Your own fault. That last penalty for Aus, because John Smit isn't a cardboard cut-out of a picture of a TH? Your own dumb-ass fault.

Nice try by Australia; but to be honest, lads, it's not like the Wobblies were much cop either. Against a half-way competent team, those first 30 minutes would have cost you the game. Held your nerve well, to be fair.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Stand corrected on A Finger. His defence is an offensive weapon. Must be in the run on team next week.

Agreed, but when Barnes is back I think he'll come in. Better tackling success rate, more experienced (especially RWC, stepped in for Larkham with a brilliant debut) and offers a genuine second-receiver option to relieve some of the pressure on Quade.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
we need to run all our training sessions with the shittiest, oldest, most worn down and gripless footies we can find, that have been lathered up with soap.

And we need to be told over and over again - don't force the pass!

C

chief

Interesting refereeing game, I suppose Bryce tried to referee it like he reffed the Super Rugby final which is a minimalist approach while calling some scrums instead of blowing up a penalty or two. Some of the scrum calls were bizarre. However some of the Wallabies players really do need to work on their discipline as some of those penalties that were given correctly were absolutely stupid. Like Kepu's in the last 2 minutes. I really don't understand why Bryce blew the scrum at the very end of the 2nd half. Confusing stuff ???

Ant Fainga'a was absolutely fantastic when he came on. However he plays such a risky game where he runs up and it can easily be exploited (like we saw last year in Christchurch) especially with Quade Cooper near him. However a risky strategy but he played brilliantly this evening. Especially with McCabe to be cited for the Spear tackle, I think in two weeks time Fainga'a could be a genuine choice (or Barnes, time and place for this debate)

Hoping Radike Samo gets picked, he was a solid worker and it's no coincidence the scrums looked good when he came on, as Higginbotham's combination with Genia left a bit to be desired. While Samo's and Genia's seemed a lot crisper.

Thought the commentating was absolutely woeful tonight, absolutely woeful indeed their observations on everything throughout the game was incorrect, and idiotic at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.