• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations Game 6 - Wallabies vs All Blacks - Saturday 27 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
Congrats to all you OZ supporters. That was a great 1st half of rugby. Best I've seen in a long time. Very deserved winners of the tri nations. I felt sick watching your players blow our boys out of the game. Genia is an absolute genius, though your forwards have to take a lot of credit for the overall performance.

It's been a long time coming for you fullas but I bet it tastes fu*ken good.:)

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Can I also say that with a different ref, at a different ground, and with a couple of different selections the AB probably would have beat us tonight. They are still favourites, especially at eden park.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can I also say that with a different ref, at a different ground, and with a couple of different selections the AB probably would have beat us tonight. They are still favourites, especially at eden park.

:nta:
Not sure where you heading with that one Bowside - surely you could say the same thing in the Wallabies favour given the scorelines of recent 3N/Bled games in general?

C

chief

My god but how good does it feel to hustle the All Blacks like that!! Samo sprinting off for the try is a moment no Wallaby or All Black fan will ever forget - it may gain similar status to the legendary Mortlock intercept or the John Eales kick after the siren. Go you good thing!

The story of Radike Samo is one to go down in history books. He gives the pensioners hope!

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)

I thought the ref had a shocker with his allowing everyone to be off their feet at the breakdown. I don't believe he had an influence on the outcome though. He was pretty shit but consistent for both teams and that's all you can expect from a ref these days.

C

chief

I thought the ref had a shocker with his allowing everyone to be off their feet at the breakdown. I don't believe he had an influence on the outcome though. He was pretty shit but consistent for both teams and that's all you can expect from a ref these days.

Had he pinned everyone who went off his feet, the penalty count would have been well into the 20's. He pinned where he thought there was a genuine contest because it is the material infringements which should be blown.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Good game all round. Will have to abstain from the man of the match thread as every player did his job well and they all deserve points. Rocky also looked like a man with the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders. Good on him. Good to see Ant Fainga'a put his debut shocker last year behind him. I had my concern whether Vicks and Samo could keep up with the pace of the game. They were outstanding. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was fantastic on the wing. The whole mongrel in the side tonight was fantastic.

Generally happy with Barnes's performance though some of the stuff he missed was obvious.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)

I think he was pretty decent, and had a positive impact on the game. By penalising ruck infringements early he set a precedent, which I think is very important for a referee to do. In any case he was much better than Rolland, Kaplan, Lawrence and Munro.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I watched this game in a bar mostly full of Kiwi's in Hong Kong, so it was great to walk out a winner.

The Wallabies seemed to surprise the All Blacks in the first half with the quick ball they were able to get, and themselves were playing in a way that seemed a bit foreign to them with a lot of unstructured ball that had a look of 'here, you do something with it' as they threw it around ineffectively.

This obviously all changed in the second half when they went back to what they know best, with multiple phases from pick and go especially considering the conditions. Had they changed this earlier, I believe that we would have been in trouble and it seems like it was the opposite of the Eden Park game where we did little in the first half and started playing in the second half.

Having said that, it started to look at times that Australia were playing a risky game considering the conditions (Quade's no look around the back pass for one) that either a) makes him look like a genius or b) look like a fool and they need to curb this heading to New Zealand where they could get any sort of conditions - and that's just in one game!

__PJ

Bob McCowan (2)
Generally happy with Barnes's performance though some of the stuff he missed was obvious.

Agreed. I don't expect a robot for a ref, but fuck; there is three of them. WTF are the touchies doing? Fat-man-side-ref notices a nothing obstruction from Muliana(?) against AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), but fails to see Ali tripping Cooper? If the ball isn't near the touch line; assistants should be...I dunno...assisting the ref.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)

Thanks mate!

12257c09.jpg

To the kiwis on this forum for the dribble I copped. Not trolling but just giving back what I cop.
Deal with it ladies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Good game all round. Rocky also looked like a man with the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders. Good on him. Good to see Ant Fainga'a put his debut shocker last year behind him.

Definitely.

It all started from the first kickoff when The Rock made a good round the legs tackle and we turned the ball over and won the penalty a phase later. It set the standard for the Wallabies in terms of intensity and we went from there.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Great interview piece with Brad Thorn; roughly:

Kafer: "It got pretty down and dirty and scrappy in the second half Brad"
Thorne: "Mate, for a guy like me it's a dream come true. Unfortunately the backs don't see it that way"

Great bloke.

Yeah, a good interview and pretty illuminating. This combative nature is why he is an awesome forward and has lasted so long in the ABs and rugby (both forms). There are not many kiwis that I like, but he is one of them. The Wallabies have been missing his like for a long time, but with Vickerman, Horwill and Samo tonight we may have just (finally) found our answer.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Had he pinned everyone who went off his feet, the penalty count would have been well into the 20's. He pinned where he thought there was a genuine contest because it is the material infringements which should be blown.

Or, as happened in the Wales-England game, the message would eventually have sunk in and they'd have stayed on their feet.

To paraphrase the IRB; getting penalised for acting the maggot at the breakdown is a player issue, not a match official issue.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
You can't drop two dads or finger for sleepyhead after that. Brilliant game. Well done to all the wobs tonight.

i tend to agree but i sort of thought Nonu was the best centre on the field tonight....weird i know. ???

Scotty

David Codey (61)

How would you explain the penalty against Simmons?

I thought he had mostly a good game but started to let both teams get away with too much in the second half. Still the best ref running around thoUgh.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Had Pat Lam sitting behind me, but fuck the kiwi's aren't the most gracious losers, they weren't happy where I was sitting, which of course probably wasn't helped by my constant comments!

This was a massive win for us, puts more doubt in the AB's mind, shows them we can win the WC.

That was their best 22 (aside from Kaino), whilst we still have JOC (James O'Connor), Barnes, Mitchell, Slipper, Palu and Tatafu to push for places. BRING ON THE WC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom