• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations squad named - NAMED ON PAGE 3 - GENIA IN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
waratahjesus said:
waugh will be there abouts come 2011, if you use the world cup argument there are a few people you have to question about being there, namely

mortlock, cross, sharpe, why is cross ahead of horne?

Correct me if i am wrong, but Horne was playing with the U20s right? And Deans has made a point about putting guys in there as opposed to the full team for development.

And I dont think that Horne has stood out like Pocock has this S14 season.

In terms of Waugh, and the reason of him being there for Pococks development. Sure it is very helpful, but we have George Smith in there as well for Pocock to learn from. Waugh wont play unless one of those two go down, and even then we have Brown and Hodgson who can both play openside there for cover. We dont need to base the entire squad around Pococks development. There is a need to cover tight head and help develop Cowen and Alexander, who are equally as important as Pocock, as well as a third scrum half should Genia not be up to it / cover if one goes down / assist Genia's development.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
waratahjesus said:
waugh will be there abouts come 2011, if you use the world cup argument there are a few people you have to question about being there, namely

Horne was average this season, he struggled to break tackles all season.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
farva said:
waratahjesus said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but Horne was playing with the U20s right? And Deans has made a point about putting guys in there as opposed to the full team for development.

And I dont think that Horne has stood out like Pocock has this S14 season.

In terms of Waugh, and the reason of him being there for Pococks development. Sure it is very helpful, but we have George Smith in there as well for Pocock to learn from. Waugh wont play unless one of those two go down, and even then we have Brown and Hodgson who can both play openside there for cover. We dont need to base the entire squad around Pococks development. There is a need to cover tight head and help develop Cowen and Alexander, who are equally as important as Pocock, as well as a third scrum half should Genia not be up to it / cover if one goes down / assist Genia's development.

i dont think waugh is there for pococks development, i think waugh is there in case one of the other two go down, deans wants two ball scavengers and he picked his squad to accomadate for that.

im saying there are a few older guys, i dont think if stirling goes down we want cross as our main 13, and i dont think we need to develop cross towards the world cup, running on the outside of your opposite and crowding your winger doesnt lead to trys in tight matches, he is a super rugby player but not a wallaby for mine. horne and digby (when fit) should be given time to develop.

i think witht eh scrum halfs, having two in the squad is fine, its not like there cant bring a new player in but only two of them are going to get game time, so i think its better that valo and co are back playing club rugby.

i dont understand the prop selection, i just hope baxter doesnt get injured or the front row will become very ordinary.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
i dont think waugh is there for pococks development, i think waugh is there in case one of the other two go down, deans wants two ball scavengers and he picked his squad to accomadate for that.

That sort of contradicts with your statement about having only 2 halves. I think Waugh is simply there because his form warrants selection, and he may well be picked on a horses for courses basis in some matches.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
waratahjesus said:

Waugh and Cross went to the right schools.

T

TOCC

just watched the interview with Genia on the ARU website, he seems like a pretty well articulated and sincere guy, was saying Burgess was making him feel welcome and helping him with the defensive pattern..

Now that Tuqiri is out of the Wallaby side, there doesnt seem to be much room for ego's, i know Drew Mitchell used to have a big ego, not sure if that has changed in the past years or not.

S

Spook

Burgess is a good bloke to learn from. Shit pass but bloody great attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.