• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trouble at the mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Australian Rugby Union is conducting an investigation into potential breaches of team protocol and code of conduct involving at least one player. The ARU last night refused to provide details or specify whether more than one player was involved and at which level of the game.

Ok I want answers. Who, what and who with?

F

formeropenside

You'd think the person in question had an ARU contract, for the ARU to be involved.

T

TOCC

i think its best kept covered up...

i mean realistically, if a player has screwed up then the media is just going to vilify and hound him undoubtedly more then he deserves.. It also unecessarily brings the game into disrespute, IMO keep it in house and deal with it privately if its not a sever matter.

its probably a U20 player

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It was on PR yesterday from a gossip email from crikey.com

Four leading rugby union players are in hot water for committing offences normally associated with rugby league. One of the rugger offenders is on the brink of announcing his retirement from the game and the careers of the other three are under a cloud. The Australian Rugby Union establishment is attempting to keep a lid on the whole affair.

R

rugbywhisperer

That might seem to take care of any U20 association - But I thinks to myself did anything happen on the U20 tour we haven't heard of YET - he asks knowingly.

F

formeropenside

retirement is not normally a word used for a young player defecting to league

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Whoever it is, and at what level, it is a godsend to rugby league,

David Gallop will be doing silly walks around the NRL office high fiving everybody.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
The only Wallabies I can think of approaching retirement age are Nathan Sharpe, Al Baxter, Phil Waugh and Stirling Mortlock. And couple that with the rumour a few months ago that a leading Wallaby was going to quit Australia due to captaincy issues and Im leaning towards Nathan Sharpe. But who knows.

Interesting.

R

rugbywhisperer

geez you blokes are about as sharp as a pound of wet leather.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Could it be Justin Harrison? He's a former Wallaby, was in an incident with several high profile European players, Cocaine is involved, and he has since retired...

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
"Wallaby about to retire" does not have to mean the subject is necessarily in the current Wallaby squad. If you look at the S14 squads there are many Wallabies, quite a few of whom who are near retirement. Some even have form with respect to "incidents" :)

T

TOCC

Lee Grant said:
Whoever it is, and at what level, it is a godsend to rugby league,

David Gallop will be doing silly walks around the NRL office high fiving everybody.
why is it a godsend to rugby league?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Is there any vaguely reputable source to this? Where did the original quote at the top come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.