• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TT Rd 5: Blues vs Force

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
A difference I've noticed between the reffing in Au and TT, is in Aus, refs would never pay a pilfer if you had a teammate rolling around in the vicinity of the ruck. Whereas the NZ refs are more willing to pay it, which I actually prefer.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
God i hate mauls. I don't even know why i watch a game with them in it. Maybe i just hate myself, and this is some sort of sick self flagellation i put myself through subconsciously.

P

Pokinacha

A difference I've noticed between the reffing in Au and TT, is in Aus, refs would never pay a pilfer if you had a teammate rolling around in the vicinity of the ruck. Whereas the NZ refs are more willing to pay it, which I actually prefer.

Another reffing foible is they allow a chaser to be inline or slightly in front of a kicker rather than behind as per the laws

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
First half was great from the Blues. The second half was dangerously passive. The early removals of Faiane and, in particular, Papali'i weren't helpful in the face of a legitimate fightback. But got the job done, secured a home final and eliminated the Crusaders, so can't complain too much.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
FFFS. Blues limp into the final crippled by their TOTAL 2nd half lineout capitulation and forfeiture of ALL 2nd half possession. What a fucking shartlunch.

FFFS TJ. You'd think the Force had fuckign won.

"BRILLIANT! SO BRAVE! THEY JUST NEVER GIVE UP!! INSPIRATIONAL!"

.....meanwhile.....

"The Blues are in the final."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
God i hate mauls. I don't even know why i watch a game with them in it. Maybe i just hate myself, and this is some sort of sick self flagellation i put myself through subconsciously.

psychiatrist-therapy-on-red-sofa-picture-id184833289

"They're never properly bound, it's like every second maul is a fucken truck-and-trailer....."

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
FFFS. Blues limp into the final crippled by their TOTAL 2nd half lineout capitulation and forfeiture of ALL 2nd half possession. What a fucking shartlunch.

FFFS TJ. You'd think the Force had fuckign won.

"BRILLIANT! SO BRAVE! THEY JUST NEVER GIVE UP!! INSPIRATIONAL!"

...meanwhile...

"The Blues are in the final."
Can't speak for those guys but I thought the Force were Brilliant! So Brave! They just never give up! Inspirational!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Even allowing for the sarcasm about not giving up etc, I have to say I don't mind the Force. I admit to originally thia year saying they weren't up to standard, but basically I have enjoyed their attitude where they do give it a crack. I say the same about their fans in general, seem to have good crowds at games and they get into the support of team!
Also as we probably saw last game by Kearney last night, was good to see him going out with a try, he had a pretty good career.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Even allowing for the sarcasm about not giving up etc, I have to say I don't mind the Force. I admit to originally thia year saying they weren't up to standard, but basically I have enjoyed their attitude where they do give it a crack. I say the same about their fans in general, seem to have good crowds at games and they get into the support of team!
Also as we probably saw last game by Kearney last night, was good to see him going out with a try, he had a pretty good career.

Force continuing to recruit well should hopefully have more upside next year.