• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TYS First XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Lee Grant said:
Am gutted that I missed the team but can be counted on to put my hand up as physio of the cheerleaders. .
Common Lee if I can jol, so can you, pick your spot. Still waiting for Jury to join up. ???

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Scarfman said:
Where do fatprop and formeropenside play?

FOS put himself on the bench pending medical miracle. fp will be along shortly to tell me which side of the scrum he'd like to play :)

And yes - get Redbeard's number. Wouldn't like to face him and Bartman in the front row. You might have to take a red card for the team and break someone's jaw, Nick.

If we have a ref, I don't think he'd let me take a hammer onto the field...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think I'll be back next year running around as a 6-foot short lock / loosie for the 4ths at UNSW...maybe, pending on my fitness. But I've also played a bit at wing. If really needed I can sit back doing my hair while the real men do the hard work.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I'll put my name down for lock, though the way I'm going around the waistline may need a lower number by the time the tour comes around.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
I'll shift to 2 if NTA will go to one or three.

having played with FOS, I say he should be at 2.

having played with me, he'll say there's no way I should be 12.

having drunk with Disco. He looks like Stirling Mortlock. He should be 13, but could take on the wing spot ala Stirlo circa 2000.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thanks fos - now we only need a blindside winger. Come on one of you young'uns - we're in desperate need of speed!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
NTA said:
Thanks fos - now we only need a blindside winger. Come on one of you young'uns - we're in desperate need of speed!
Nick in Jury. Where the hell is he when we need him. :nta:

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
NTA said:

I played in the back three for a game or two in my final year of school.

183cm
92kg

Kinda like a big, slow Dell-like winger without any of his tackle-breaking ability. I can kick a bit tho.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Done! First team is complete. If you want to drink beer at the start of the game i.e. get on the bench, now is the time.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm a bit like Morgan Turinui. Plenty of ideas, but a few too many pies under the belt, resulting in a less-than-electric turn of speed.

A bit of Morgan, a touch of LoJo, with Shaun Berne's pop-gun kick.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
My last comeback game of rugby only lasted 30 minutes before I snapped my ACL and broke my medial meniscus in a few pieces, and have only just had it reconstructed (3 years on). Don't really fancy going through all that again so you can put me down as 'trainer' (I'd say coach but I have a feeling there might be 15 of those in the side already ::))

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Must say I'd love to play just one game of rugby again. The good thing about having kids is doing all the things you did as a kid, all over again. Only this time you do it better as a supporter and advice giver. My first one I spent a lot of time with him on the practise fields and backyard practising skills. The youngest one I can only play cricket in the backyard. Rugby is out, even touchies and I miss it a lot.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm probably perfect for the bench.

Can cover anywhere from 4 to 15. Having played 10 and 15 through school, I then played 12 and 13 during colts. Following that I claimed the title of biggest winger in sydney subbies for a couple of years. For the past 2 years I have been playing in England. Last season I played mainly at 6 and 8 with one game in the 2nd row but have been back playing this season at 10.

For the program

Year Born 1983
Height 6'3
Weight 100kgs (on a good day)
Test Caps 0
The gambler likes candlelight dinners and romantic walks along the beach.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
The boys from the Colosseum are talking it up and want a piece of the action. Do we need a warm up game to get the cobwebs out of the system ?

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
naza said:
The boys from the Colosseum are talking it up and want a piece of the action. Do we need a warm up game to get the cobwebs out of the system ?

Are they actually capable of learning how to tie their bootlaces? :nta:

Status
Not open for further replies.