• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TYS Oz Player of the Year: Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

Burgess was better. Kicking still so so but pretty good overall. I thought Cross was handy.

3. Cross Chisolm
2. Sharpe
1. LT

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Gee, I thought Cross showed how valuable Mortlock is. He missed a ton of tackles, couldn't break any, and ran laterally which destroyed the space created by a couple of his half breaks.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
I actually thought Cross had a good game, especially compared to his effort against the poms.

3. Burgess - At times a little ragged but was also instrumental in anything good we did in attack and his defence was supurb.
2. Sharpe (I still cant believe I would ever give him points but he really has improved)
1. Diggers - Just pipped Lote, Cross and even Cooper who surprised me again.

As an aside wasnt it good to see the back 3 run it (and other players running back to support) at times as everyone has been calling for. Pity it was too little too late.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Need to watch the replay before I can even give points to anyone.

I think that anyone that kicked aimlessly no matter the situation does not deserve points - which should remove most of the backline (9, 10, 12, 15 at least). Don't think the forwards were particularly good either - none of them stood out apart from Chisholm's solo try.

Cross runs too lateral to always take the outside break. Looks great if he gets it, otherwise cuts down on any space available. At least he can draw and pass, which is something a lot of backs in Aus can't do.

S

Spook

Actually, I think Naza is right and I have scored too much for Cross and shall revise. I thought Tuquiri was very good - except for the big sideways runs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
3 Burgess
2 Sharpe
1 Moore

Good to see Lote on the field, he closed Williams down in a heartbeat.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
No-one was good for 80 minutes. I'm tempted to give 3 to Dean Mumm, but I'll go with:

3. Ione
2. Giteau
1. Chisholm

Thought Tuqiri, Cooper, Sharpe, and Baxter were on the positive side of the ledger, whilst Burgess, Moore and Cross were on the negative.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I dont think anyone stood out.

2. Sharpe
2. Burgess
1. Chisolm
1. Giteau

Apart from being penalised, I didnt think Waugh did much. Brown didnt seem to do much either. The Welsh backrow played a big part in the victory.

Burgess made some important turnovers and tackles. Sharpe and Chisolm ruled in the lineouts, were solid in the scrum and worked hard in the loose. Giteau kicked fairly well and played a part in the Ioane try. MMM came off his man to allow Byrne the space to score his try. Williams drew him well though.

F

formeropenside

No one really deserves points, save perhaps Ioane for hard running. We kicked the ball away too much and too aimlessly: it was not (quite) the French test where possession was a bad thing.

The forwards were exposed at the ruck, ineffective at the scrum, yet good in the lineout. The backs had no desire to run straight, or when they did, passes did not stick.

Mind you, if this is what NH referees are like, perhaps I understand why the game is so differently played up there.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
3 Burgess
2 Ioane
1 Chisholm

Forwards were generally average - still too much one-out shit which is why we get turned over or penalised for going off our feet.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
3 Mitchell (proves again that Deans was wrong with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper))
2 Robinson
1 Ioane (most dangerous runner by far)

Status
Not open for further replies.