• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

U16 schoolboy rugby

ap1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting that 2 Waverly boys got picked straight from their school teams and not via NSWJU State Champs. A bit surprising as these age groups don't have school rep programs, so means that selectors must be watching U14 school matches??

CasualObserver

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting that 2 Waverly boys got picked straight from their school teams and not via NSWJU State Champs. A bit surprising as these age groups don't have school rep programs, so means that selectors must be watching U14 school matches??
More likely that someone is mates with someone.

Footy2024

Frank Row (1)
This is one of the most staked 16’s sides ever.

Attachments

• 86F20BC5-B0CA-4181-B9C6-510D03B7345C.jpeg
    86F20BC5-B0CA-4181-B9C6-510D03B7345C.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 404

Mule

Frank Nicholson (4)
For CAS
1. Waverley
2. Knox
3. Barker
4. Cranbrook
5. Trinity
6. Aloys

Waves and Knox easily two best sides. Daylight to 3rd.
will be hugely influenced by players being pulled up to Opens (or not)!

Any early mail on 2023 u15s or underage 2023 u16s playing opens next year?

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Predicted GPS ladder for 2023 is
probably to early to call, a lot can change depending on new students, players in the opens, injuries, growth spurts etc. Kings were undoubtedly the strongest team last year, with Joeys just behind. Scots were weakened because of Glengarry but certainly have a great crack to perform this year with everyone back. For reference they placed 2nd in 2022 (last time they had a full team) . Shore also showed big improvement this year, but i'm not sure what the final table was. Anyone have predicted lineups?

Last edited:

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
GPS 16s will be a very tight and interesting competition, with the addition of new boys, the return of the Glengarry boys and stars being pulled to the opens you never know how it's gonna go. I don't think anyone could give an accurate standings but Kings Scots and Joeys should all be quite strong. Newington, Shore and View will also be very competitive. Word around is that newington will be receiving a new player Beau Mckee (Gen blue number 8) from Narrabeen sports high. Scots will be coached by old boy and brother of Andrew Kellaway, Nick Kellaway, a favourite of the boys at the college and a proven coach who was working with Norths in shute shield last year.

Last edited:

footyfooty footy footy

Herbert Moran (7)
Scots are looking good, although Joeys & Kings might be better teams, the fact that their 1s and 2s teams aren't very solid could have many boys playing up. Instead, Scots 1s & 2s are fantastic this year with lots of depth and not much need to bring many boys up. I can only really think of 2 people who might start in 2s.

Excited to see Shore's, Newo's and View's new players and see if any of those schools can be a side competing for the premiership. Don't see much changing though, last couple years its been pretty daylight between 3rd and 4th.

footyfooty footy footy

Herbert Moran (7)
@AroundTheAnkles , what's your opinion then? In my opinion, I think it will be very close between Scots & Joeys (Kings are more likely to play their new gen blue players up), with Joeys maybe just edging out Scots if they don't play their players up which, (from many team predictions I've seen), it seems that Joeys & Kings might be playing a lot of players up.

UpnUnder

Allen Oxlade (6)
@AroundTheAnkles , what's your opinion then? In my opinion, I think it will be very close between Scots & Joeys (Kings are more likely to play their new gen blue players up), with Joeys maybe just edging out Scots if they don't play their players up which, (from many team predictions I've seen), it seems that Joeys & Kings might be playing a lot of players up.
I doubt Joeys will promote any 16’s to opens this year.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't think Joeys will play any 16's players up this year. Possibly 1, no more than that and 0 is more likely.