• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ulster Rebuilding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I am just watching Munster V Ulster on channel BT and apparently Ulster coach Matt Williams says Ulster is in a rebuilding period. :lmao: Sounds very familiar.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I can see it quite clearly: Mad Matt's now in year 2 of a 4 year program. Year 3 sees him coming last (again) before getting the boot and then appointed coach of Queensland.

S

Spook

Bloody hell Munster were flat in that game. Last week they were awesome in the Heineken.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Munster looked flat because they played their dirt trackers, and it serves them right.

Having said that Ulster who had won only 1 game this year deserved their 22-6 win. The Fijian winger Nagusa was outstanding. This season I'd seen him playing for Ulster in other games and he didn't get any ball; but he scored two good tries in the first half and damn near assisted in a third one.

It's a pity they missed out on a bonus point but Matt Williams will take the win.

Munster had won all their 7 games this season and changed a lot of players for their 8th game. Of the players who started only Mafi and arguably two or three more would have run on had it been the Heineken Cup final.

It's the kind of thing we wouldn't see happen in the S14 because our blokes play only 13 professional games plus tests unless they make the S14 finals but Euro players play a heap more and have to have a rest sometime.

Mind you the Ireland coach (and ex-Munster coach), Declan Kidney, would have quarantined a lot of the Munster players such as ROG, POC and Wallace anyway.

Some of the other ML teams would have been miffed that Munster played such a weak team because they don't want the wooden spoon which Ulster have their hands on at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.