• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Daryl Gibson to be new head coach of the Chiefs? :D

Or will it go to the 13 who replaced him at Crusaders, Tabai Matson??
I tend ti think Chiefs may look at any kiwis coming off contract in NH, and wouldn't be surprised if one or two decent coaches putting their mitts up.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Or will it go to the 13 who replaced him at Crusaders, Tabai Matson??
I tend ti think Chiefs may look at any kiwis coming off contract in NH, and wouldn't be surprised if one or two decent coaches putting their mitts up.

Radio Sport say Gatland's got the job for 2020, 22 & 23 with a year off for B&IL tour of SA so maybe Matson as caretaker that year? I know he's well-regarded by Tribe management & the players also speak highly of him.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...-replace-colin-cooper-as-chiefs-coach--report

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Seems there some thinking been done here, whoever takes over the ABs will have until 2023, than Gatland will stand as AB coach? He has always wanted to do Chiefs and ABs, so seems he got a plan, which I have no problem with at all!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah, I don't have a problem with Gatland per se but I'm not comfortable with the way Cooper appears to have been treated: at no time did he even hint at an early departure, nek minit he's gone et voila! here's a replacement who just happened to become available a month ago. It's a little shabby IMO. Heard a coupla customers today commenting along the lines of "do they think we're stupid?" & it's hard not to agree.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Something smells rotten in Denmark. Look he's probably a good bloke but his % hovers around 50% which is inflated by smashing tier 2 countries. Against the big guns it's pretty woeful.

Is that really good enough?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Seems there some thinking been done here, whoever takes over the ABs will have until 2023, than Gatland will stand as AB coach? He has always wanted to do Chiefs and ABs, so seems he got a plan, which I have no problem with at all!!

1456405603419.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I ready for Canes/Saders, I tend to think Saders by a fair bit, and even if the Canes win, I don't fancy chances against Jaguares, who I thought showed how good they are this morning!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ yeah, I don't have a problem with Gatland per se but I'm not comfortable with the way Cooper appears to have been treated: at no time did he even hint at an early departure, nek minit he's gone et voila! here's a replacement who just happened to become available a month ago. It's a little shabby IMO. Heard a coupla customers today commenting along the lines of "do they think we're stupid?" & it's hard not to agree.

I actually heard that Cooper was looking at moving on a little while ago WOB, just thought the brother who usually gets these things right had heard wrong. mind you he sponsors a bit of rugby around area, and usually gets good oil from mates who are involved on boards etc.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Matt Procter in for PU-J which with no disrespect intended to the young man will strengthen the 'canes midfield D considerably to say nothing of the attack. Jonah Lowe also a late inclusion for Rayasi.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Working out of QTown this week. Streaming this one and it's a bit of a punisher. Sound is actually fine, but the picture is choppier than Michael Myers at the end of October. Hope its just SkyGo, or it's gonna suck for anyone in NZ without a fibre connection come the RWC.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Canes forwards competing much better than I thought they would. Justin Marshart keeps wanking on and on about "why oh why are the Canes kicking ball away, not even competing blah blah" but the tactic looks fine to me. Beats running it out from your own half. Yeah, versus the Cantabs let me know how that goes