• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
B71D369E-82B7-4D7F-9C04-1FCEA92C4DDD.jpeg

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
What's Bowen's credentials? I've seen his name thrown around heaps recently. Is he the next big thing as was Donaldson, Edmed, Harrison etc? or is he step above? Has he done anything past high school?
More of a prototype 10 than the 3 others you mention. Controlling fast pass with a good kick on him. Did have the propensity to throw a silly cut out at times because he could I feel but that seems to going away after playing senior footy.

Straight from School into Shute Shield and Aus U20s is a pretty good start. He hasn't looked out of place amongst men either.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
More of a prototype 10 than the 3 others you mention. Controlling fast pass with a good kick on him. Did have the propensity to throw a silly cut out at times because he could I feel but that seems to going away after playing senior footy.

Straight from School into Shute Shield and Aus U20s is a pretty good start. He hasn't looked out of place amongst men either.
Yep he's also played a few games for the Tahs in trials this year and last as well as NSW A. He's got a lot of "senior" footy under his belt.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Just noticed Joey Fowler is named with the Rebels. He obviously realises he’s behind a few Tahs players.
Yeah, until there is movement between Harrison, Edmed & Donaldson I don’t think they would be looking at too many playmakers with Bowen on the books also. Probably older guys like Jude Gibbs in the running as well with how he’s going for Norths.

It’s a good pickup by the Rebels.

Was surprised Ronan Leahy wasn’t there from the Force but he’d still be able to play next year

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What's Bowen's credentials? I've seen his name thrown around heaps recently. Is he the next big thing as was Donaldson, Edmed, Harrison etc? or is he step above? Has he done anything past high school?
As an unbiased outsider, I can vouch that Bowen looked like something special in a late trial match last year here in Canberra. I was also impressed with McLaughlin-Phillips in the U19s last year, but Lynagh will probably beat both of them for the starting spot.

Marley Pearce must be a near certainty for either the Hooker or a prop spot. Was massive at hooker for the U19s and has now played prop at Super Rugby level. Not sure what side he was.

Klayton Thorn is very sharp at No9 while Matias Jenson could well be the fastest player of them all. Huge speed to burn.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Injured? It is surprising when he was there last year. Didn’t play very well last year but can’t fall on a Winger when the team was pretty poor.

Jahnke-Tavana not there either the big Second Rower but he hasn’t been listed for Eastwood either for a few weeks so I’m assuming injured.

This is for the NZ games so some players will be able to make the WC potentially.

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not injured, just not selected. Floyd is a fullback and winger. It might come down to Max Jorgensen’s involvement. Mason Gordon appears to be holding the fullback position which might change if Jorgensen is available (Wallabies and Super Rugby finals). The wingers selected are deserving. Holman edging out Aubrey. Good depth IMO.

Top Bottom